smc733
Valued Contributor

Time to Apply for Blue/Clear

Hi everyone,

So in the last 3 days, I was added as an AU to three cards:

-Father's Discover/25k limit, low balances, member since 2002

-Mother's Amex Green, member since 2000

-Aunt's Amex Gold, member since 1981

Should this help the jump enough where I can look at Blue/Clear to apply once scorewatch tells me they've started reporting?

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
android01
Valued Contributor

Re: Time to Apply for Blue/Clear

I don't know whether you should apply, but I hope you made sure that the lines you are an AU on now are clean.  I believe that any baddies that are on your relative's TL's will be on your reports now.  I would also think that you will need to make sure that your AU lines are reporting on your reports before applying for anything.  

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 2 of 11
smc733
Valued Contributor

All 3 tradelines are Crystal clear, and the owners have respective FICO scores of:

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 3 of 11
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@smc733 wrote:

All 3 tradelines are Crystal clear, and the owners have respective FICO scores of:

The scores of the owners of the accounts is not taken into consideration. Being added as an AU can help you IF the account is older than any of yours, IF the payment history is long and clean, IF the utilization is very low, and IF it will report to the CRA's. Not all cards will do this. You need to ask the company first. You will inherit the entire history of this account. One caveat however; if this account starts to go south your credit will be affected as well. Keep that in mind.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 4 of 11
Smug
Established Contributor

It's all about you not them.
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 5 of 11
smc733
Valued Contributor

I'm well aware the owners' scores don't come into play, but the FICO score is a measure of risk, correct?  So all I meant there is that these are 3 responsible individuals.  The lenders are Amex and Discover, which from what I understand, all report (they all asked for my SSN).  

My oldest account is a student loan from Sept 2009, and oldest revolver a CC from April 2010.  So the age is really how these are going to help (the CL on the Discover is going to help too).

Message 6 of 11
clocktick
Valued Contributor

Let us know what happens!  I've been thinking of switching my Blue to a Clear lately for faster (and cash) rewards.

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 7 of 11
smc733
Valued Contributor

My score remains unchanged, seems like none of these have reported yet :/  Once they report I will pull the trigger.

Message 8 of 11
TheCreditKid
Established Contributor

Good Luck ! Smiley Happy

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All human wisdom is summed up in two words - wait and hope.

-Alexander Dumas
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is the clear still available? I don't see it on the website
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.