Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time to Close AmEx Hilton Card?

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Time to Close AmEx Hilton Card?

Me personally , id keep an 11 year old Amex, just think of all the upcoming teen drama youll get to experience plus the special moments, Sweet 16, Mis Quinceñera if your spanish, Smiley Wink at 18, your little one will be old enough to maybe sprout of little onesSmiley Happy
Message 11 of 13
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

Agreed, since it's a SP anyways it doesn't hurt to try. And if denied then you can think on it before deciding if getting another card is worth closing out the Hilton.

+1  Also, they have changed the rules yet again recently.  It was 4 revolvers, then 5, now there is officially no maximum number of revolvers you can have as long as your profile supports it and underwriting is willing to grant you the credit.

Really when did this happen?  Didn't know you could go beyond 5?  Any link as I have not read this and always thought I was pretty up-to-date on Amex policies, but obviously not.

April.  It's still very YMMV, though.  There's not technically a limit now, but you'll need a pretty stellar profile to get more than 4 or 5 revolving cards approved.

Message 12 of 13
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

When I chatted with AmnEx rep, she said there is not hard limit of the # of cards you can have.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.