cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time to Garden!!! I think I have a problem!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Time to Garden!!! I think I have a problem!!!

It has been a long road for me to get to where I am and I think...no wait...I KNOW it is time for me to enter the garden!!!  My denial I received tonight from Citi for AAdvantage Card put the icing on the cake that it is time!  I was on a great streak of obtaining cards that I really wanted and needed with me traveling for a living.  My inquiries are in the double digits across the board with the most being 16 on EQ and the least being 12 on EX.  In the past 5 months I have opened 10 new accounts and aquired over $65,000 in available credit.  None of this would have been possible without the great information that I have learned here!  In April I had $1,100 in available credit with $500 of that being on a secured card.  I will now sit back and tend to my gardening needs!!! AAoA will definitely take a little (OKAY BIG) hit with 5 accounts being opened this month alone.  Hopefully Barclays doesn't decide to take any action on my new Arrival + account when the other 4 hit my bureau.  I want to thank everyone here for all that they have taught me...whether you know it or not I have been reading and learning from your ups and downs to guide me along my way! None of this would have been possible without all of you!!!  HAPPY GARDENING!!! 09/18/2015 - TBD  (Looking at getting a mortgage in Mid to Late 2016)

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Time to Garden!!! I think I have a problem!!!

Yeah, time to garden and let all those new 10 accounts age.  Don't apply for any more accounts..

Message 2 of 7
red259
Super Contributor

Yea like seriously don't apply for anymore. If you do you will truly have only yourself to blame if AA gets taken against you. I'd also be careful with how you handle your current credit as I think you are on thin ice and if lenders see you running up large balances they are going to be skeptical. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 3 of 7
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Garden garden garden. That is all.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

The most utilization I have let post since my credit rebuild start is 9%...Currently I am at 1% utilization and that is only because I hear it is good to always allow one card to to report a balance each month.  I currently have no need to carry a balance on any card.  I realize that some things can be too much too soon and I think I am right on the edge of that situation.  I will not apply for anything for atleast 9 months, and then I will only apply for a mortgage if scores and situations are right!

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on all of your approvals! Time to join us in the garden.
Message 6 of 7
kdm31091
Super Contributor

You need to garden ASAP and honestly, hope and pray that none of your accounts are CLD or closed.

To be frank, I think a mortgage in less than a year is probably unlikely with the slew of new accounts and inquiries...but you definitely want to have NO new inquiries or accounts for a minimum of 6 months before the mortgage. That said you will get better terms if you wait longer. Prioritize. I know people talk about the knowledge they gain here and that is great but credit cards are only a small piece of a financial portfolio so do not go crazy with them.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.