Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time to PC with Chase

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Time to PC with Chase

Asking for a friend who opened a CSP last month. They hit the spending requirement and are getting the 50k on their upcoming statement. They want to PC to freedom. How long should they wait? Are there any CR reasons or just Chase reasons?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

Re: Time to PC with Chase

In most cases, Chase only allows a PC after 12 months. Sometimes they'll do it earlier, but not normally. 

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DeeBee78 wrote:

In most cases, Chase only allows a PC after 12 months. Sometimes they'll do it earlier, but not normally. 

Is it still true they're more likely to let you switch to the no-AF Sapphire before that?

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was able to PC my Slate to the Freedom Unlimited within 60 days of being approved for the Slate. I called Chase with the request and they said my account was eligible for a PC

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@DeeBee78 wrote:

Is it still true they're more likely to let you switch to the no-AF Sapphire before that?

I don't think Chase currently offers a no-AF sapphire anymore iirc

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Honestly I'd recommend they keep it until a mo th before the AF is due. Get the most out of it.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Asking for a friend who opened a CSP last month. They hit the spending requirement and are getting the 50k on their upcoming statement. They want to PC to freedom. How long should they wait? Are there any CR reasons or just Chase reasons?

Thanks!

Have your friend call or send a secure message and ask them to do a pc to the no annual fee Chase Sapphire. Once the account switches online to the CP, do the same thing and ask to PC to the Freedom. I just did it this past month. Went from CSP > CS > CFU in one day. 

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@DeeBee78 wrote:

I don't think Chase currently offers a no-AF sapphire anymore iirc

You can no longer apply for it, but you can still call and do a PC to it.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.