Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time to Report / Flex Spend CC

tag
eddie84
Valued Contributor

Re: Time to Report / Flex Spend CC

Thank you Lexi.  So according to Ilecs's post here, "the TU versions used most, along with EQ and EX, will ignore it" thus "won't even factor it into utilization".  Regardless, I have my spreadsheet on all of my cards with limits and utilization and I factor it in just in case. lol Smiley Very Happy

Message 31 of 38
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 32 of 38
eddie84
Valued Contributor

Will do.  I'm thinking of testing it by leaving a small amount (just on that one card) one month, let it report and then PIF the next month to see if it'll effect the score in any way.

Message 33 of 38
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 34 of 38
eddie84
Valued Contributor

Haha, I don't mind.  As long as it will benefit others on the forums.  Smiley Happy

Message 35 of 38
HiLine
Blogger

@eddie84 wrote:

Thank you Lexi.  So according to Ilecs's post here, "the TU versions used most, along with EQ and EX, will ignore it" thus "won't even factor it into utilization".  Regardless, I have my spreadsheet on all of my cards with limits and utilization and I factor it in just in case. lol Smiley Very Happy

I suggest you read the rest of the thread. Ilecs said it himself that his remark referred to charge cards. Visa signature cards are not charge cards. They are revolving cards. Someone in that thread reported that his visa signature card was factored into utilization for FICO scoring, consistent with my personal experience. If you have a visa signature why don't you pull a fico score report and confirm that rather than making conjectures? Smiley Happy

Message 36 of 38
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@HiLine

This particular question has yielded different answers. New FICO model vs older versions the jury may be out on a definitive answer that fits everyone.
From my experience, it reported like Amex. As usual, YMMV.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Any-one-get-BoA-VISA-signature-to-report-the-limit/td-p...
Message 37 of 38
HiLine
Blogger

Hm, that's weird. They are not supposed to be reported the same way. Here's an example from my credit reports. The latest Equifax report I have on my computer doesn't show the Amex account because it was pulled too early, so I will also use the MyFICO Equifax report to illustrate the differences.

Notice the red arrows pointing to the high daily balance to be used in calculating FICO scores. 

Starting with Experian. The most visible difference is that the Amex charge card doesn't have a High Balance: the High Balance field shows "NA"

Equifax MyFICO Visa Signature.png

Experian Amex charge.jpg

Transunion illustrates the differences differently. The Visa Signature card is identified as a "flexible spending account", whereas the Amex charge card is identified as an "open account". Another difference is that the "high balance" of the Amex charge card is the high statement balance, while that of the Visa Signature is the high daily balance. 

Transunion Visa Signature.png

Transunion Amex charge.png

Equifax follows Transunion in making the distinction between a "flexible spending account" and an "open account".

Equifax Visa Signature.png

Equifax MyFICO Visa Signature.png

Equifax MyFICO Amex charge.jpg

So at least in my case there is enough distinction between the two types, and there is sufficient information, i.e., high daily balance, to take into account the Visa Signature card in calculating utilization even if the credit limit is not reported. 

Message 38 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.