Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time to Report / Flex Spend CC

tag
vpae
Established Contributor

Time to Report / Flex Spend CC

It's amazing to me how quickly some lendors report to the Credit Bureaus.

With my recent App/CLI Spree last week and a 1/2 ago. 3 Of the cards are already reported to some of the CRA. The FIA Fidelity Amex Apped on 7/28 and reported as of 7/29!!

I have 2 cards reporting that I haven't even received yet! PayPal Extras MC and Citi TY Preferred. Which by the way, is reporting as a "Flexible Spending Credit Card". Visa Signature? Will this count into my utilization?

12/19/19 06/11/20 07/02/20
Total CL: $708,900. Largest CL: Amex Bonvoy Brilliant $70K. Apple Card $40K. Chase Ritz Carlton $35K. Mouseover for individual CLs
Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37
eddie84
Valued Contributor

Re: Time to Report / Flex Spend CC

My BofA Travel Rewards card (Visa Signature) also reports as Flexible Spending account and from the info I got on here, it shouldn't count against your utilization.  Hope that helps. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 38
vpae
Established Contributor

Cool thanks!

That means my Citi TYP is probably a Visa Signature card.

I'm considering upgrading my BofA Cahs Rewards to a Signature. I really don't need the CLs to report, I have enough that it shouldn't make any impact on my utilization.

I guess it's just nice knowing I have all these upgraded Visa Signature cards, it feels like a milestone or success in my rebuilding process. Now if I can only get my hands on some WMC or WEMC. They seem to be hard to come by.

Also,  BofA seems to update to the CRA a lot. I have been pulling all 3 reports daily and it feels like BofA/FIA constantly updates. When Lenders update to CRA, are they also soft pulling to do AR? Since I opened up so many accounts recently, I wonder they are updating/softpulling to consider FR/AA.

Total CL: $708,900. Largest CL: Amex Bonvoy Brilliant $70K. Apple Card $40K. Chase Ritz Carlton $35K. Mouseover for individual CLs
Message 3 of 38
HiLine
Blogger

@eddie84 wrote:

My BofA Travel Rewards card (Visa Signature) also reports as Flexible Spending account and from the info I got on here, it shouldn't count against your utilization.  Hope that helps. Smiley Happy

The card will be taken into account when utilization is calculated. Smiley Happy

Bank of America always reports VERY fast.

Message 4 of 38
icloud2525
Frequent Contributor

I don't believe the TY preferred comes in a siggy.  At least mine isn't.  If yours comes as one please let me know.  The card itself is just a flexible spending card.  Mine reports that way as well but no mention of signature anywhere.

Chase Sapphire Reserve $32.5K, Amex BCP $20K, Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Hilton Surpass $13,500, Amex Hilton $16,200, Discover it $16,000, Citi TYP $18,900, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $12,000, Virgin Atlantic World Elite MC $13,100, Merrill+ Visa Sig $10,000, Fidelity Visa Sig $14,000, Barclay Cash Forward $16,500, Wells Fargo Rewards $12,500, Local CU $7000, Barclay Apple Rewards $5500, Chase Freedom $5000,-- EQ FICO 768, EX FICO 777, TU FICO 781
Message 5 of 38
vpae
Established Contributor

@icloud2525 wrote:

I don't believe the TY preferred comes in a siggy.  At least mine isn't.  If yours comes as one please let me know.  The card itself is just a flexible spending card.  Mine reports that way as well but no mention of signature anywhere.

Oh, gotcha. I am confusing flexible spending card/npsl with signature. Thanks for the clarification!

Message 6 of 38
eddie84
Valued Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

@eddie84 wrote:

The card will be taken into account when utilization is calculated. Smiley Happy

Bank of America always reports VERY fast.

Well, Lexie said it isn't factored into the FICO score and here's the link.  I was under the impression that if it isn't factored into the FICO score then it shouldn't effect the utilization (for scoring purpose).

Message 7 of 38
sccredit
Valued Contributor

I can tell you that of my 3 Signature cards (2 Chase and 1 Citi) all of them are taken into account for utilization.  Maybe it is because all 3 report limit whereas BofA does not.  All 3 Siggys are reported as Felxible Spending Cards.

Message 8 of 38
eddie84
Valued Contributor

Yah, I wish BofA would report the CL since that's my highest. lol

Message 9 of 38
vpae
Established Contributor

@eddie84 wrote:

Yah, I wish BofA would report the CL since that's my highest. lol

That is one of my highest too. the only thing setting me back from converting to a siggy. decisions decisions!

Message 10 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.