Regular Contributor
ramblin_wreck08

Time to Request a CL increase?

Just wondering if I should request a credit limit increase on my Citi Forward card. Opened the account in '09 when I was a student (originally an MTVU card) and have never missed a payment and always paid in full. Opened a Citi Dividends World MasterCard last year and haven't missed a payment on that either. Never have asked for a limit increase and never have received one.

Forward: $4k CL
Dividends WMC: $4.2k limit
Income: $55k
Current utilization: ~ 25%, but will be under 10% in two months

My only other card is an AmEx Zync NPSL I just opened.

Am I fine as is or should I request an increase? I feel like my current salary warrants a higher CL, but really have no need for it aside from the peace of mind that were I to use one of the cards for a big purchase, my utilization wouldn't shoot through the roof (like it did when I bought a new laptop a couple weeks ago).

My TU FICO is a 706, mainly because of my poor utilization. What if analysis says it would go up to 739-779 range if my balance on my revolvers were paid off. AAoA of about 2.5 years, with 2 revolvers, 1 charge, 1 car loan, and student loans (listed as 5 separate installment accounts). 0 hard pulls on TU, but 6 on Equifax (apartment, cable company, car loan, etc - all setting up for life after school). No missed payments or baddies.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

What's in my wallet:

Left to right:
NPSL ($10k approved)
$5k (EMV - Chip & PIN)
$7k (Visa Sig + EMV)
$7.5k (WEMC)

Transunion FICO: 709 (8/13/12) -> 740 (9/24/12)
Credit Karma: 772 (11/24/13)
Credit Sesame: 755 (11/5/13)
Established Contributor
migliogiorni

Re: Time to Request a CL increase?

Just got my Forward card few months ago cause I thought was SP.  Seen on here recently that Citi is doing HP's.  Don't know who to believe can any1 chime in?  If it's an SP go 4 it.  If hard get your ti down to under 10% first.

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Regular Contributor
sunshine7157

Re: Time to Request a CL increase?

migliogiorni wrote:

Just got my Forward card few months ago cause I thought was SP.  Seen on here recently that Citi is doing HP's.  Don't know who to believe can any1 chime in?  If it's an SP go 4 it.  If hard get your ti down to under 10% first.

I requested a cli in June at my 6-month date via online (for citi dividend) and was approved with a SP. It indicated immediately that they did NOT pull my CR.

Starting Score: April 2011- EX FAKO 639, EQ FAKO 645, TU98 FICO 665
Current Score: Jan 2013- EQ FICO 746, EX FICO is the best kept secret in the world, I guess, TU FICO ???, Vantage 790
Goal Score: 760 by years' end. I didn't make the 760 club in 2013 but I'm pounding down the door in 2014.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

To talk before you think is to shoot before you aim. Words can hurt or they can help. What did yours do today?

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}