Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time to app maybe?

tag
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

Re: Time to app maybe?

so you have to pay in full every month?

I just want this card for emergencies... like if something were to happen i can use it and pay it off slowly...

Im assuming this is not how amex works?

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 11 of 16
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@FairCredBen wrote:

so you have to pay in full every month?

I just want this card for emergencies... like if something were to happen i can use it and pay it off slowly...

Im assuming this is not how amex works?

Nope, this would be the opposite of what an Amex charge card (Zync, Green, Platinum, Gold, PR Gold) is.  You may be in line for approval of a co-branded Amex, such as Hilton Surpass or Delta Skymiles. These appear to be a little easier to get than the Blue Cash Everyday.  If you get declined it MAY be a soft pull, as you already have an amex,  but since your amex is a business Amex, i'm not sure how that works. 

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 12 of 16
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

they did a hard pull when i first got the business card lol....

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 13 of 16
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@FairCredBen wrote:

they did a hard pull when i first got the business card lol....

Subsequent Amex  applications are usually a SP if denied, and a HP if approved.  I dont know if it makes a difference that your current card is a business card.  Most people apply for the new card while logged into their Amex Online Account

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 14 of 16
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

@jamesdwi wrote:

ZYNC, GOLD, PR GOLD, Platinum are all Charge Cards  

Zync has an option of giving you a hard limit of $200 (non-autopay)  or $500 with auto-pay linked to your checking account. The rest are NPSL always. 

so its only 500 if you paid it in full each month ? not like 1000 or 2000 like other card ? And what happen after 1 years or 2 can you convert to one of their daily credit card ?

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 15 of 16
gettnthere
Established Contributor

@nicholasyud wrote:

@jamesdwi wrote:

ZYNC, GOLD, PR GOLD, Platinum are all Charge Cards  

Zync has an option of giving you a hard limit of $200 (non-autopay)  or $500 with auto-pay linked to your checking account. The rest are NPSL always. 

so its only 500 if you paid it in full each month ? not like 1000 or 2000 like other card ? And what happen after 1 years or 2 can you convert to one of their daily credit card ?

not sure i fully understand your question?? but the $200 & $500 CL on the Zync Card are COUNTER offers if you do not qualify for the NPSL ZYnc.

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.