Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time to close cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Time to close cards

I just don't use or have any need or want for the ones I'm going to close. Nice cards, but I have too many and I don't want any AA. I can't use them all if I try and I'm tired of getting stressed out trying to rotate or put spend on them. All have ZERO Balances.

Barclay Cashforward

Discover

Marvel

Amex

Citi

Comenity Dentalfirst

Going to Keep and gives me over 60K in available Credit. I don't carry balances past 10% MAX.

Venture

Venture One

Chase

Penfed Promise

Penfed PLOC

DCU VISA

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: Time to close cards

Absolutely nothing wrong with that. If it works for you, it is a good move. Nobody knows your situation like you do. Those are some good cards, but whatever is best for you!!! Good job.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you don't need em, close em!
Message 3 of 27
redpat
Senior Contributor

Congrats.  I agree it would be pain keeping track of so many cards.

I have seen many posts recently on closing cards for the same reasons. 

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 4 of 27
driftless
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
If you don't need em, close em!
+ 1
CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 5 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm keeping cap1..They were there when no one else was. They gave me my start.

Message 6 of 27
driftless
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I feel exactly the same way. There will always be a Cap One card in my wallet.
CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 7 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I feel the same way about Capital One.  I'm curious, though, why you don't combine your two Capital One cards?

Message 8 of 27
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just don't use or have any need or want for the ones I'm going to close. Nice cards, but I have too many and I don't want any AA. I can't use them all if I try and I'm tired of getting stressed out trying to rotate or put spend on them. All have ZERO Balances.

Barclay Cashforward

Discover

Marvel

Amex

Citi

Comenity Dentalfirst

Going to Keep and gives me over 60K in available Credit. I don't carry balances past 10% MAX.

Venture

Venture One

Chase

Penfed Promise

Penfed PLOC

DCU VISA

Why not check and see if you want some other cards with those banks? With Citi why not see if the TY preferred, DC or something that would work for you? Same goes with Amex and barclays?

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 9 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I started with 2 Platinum cards. Worked my way up. Venture is 6 months old and Venture One is 2 months old. Not eligible yet. But I will.
Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.