cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time to cut spending

Valued Contributor

Re: Time to cut spending

I have significantly cut my spending habits--I paid off two credit cards this year so I'm really proud of myself. Now I'm working on getting my balances down to 0 on these others and laying off the credit cards.

Currently:

$2900/4500 Chase Freedom

$1800/5500 Ashley Furniture

$22/1500 Walmart Discover (the low balance doesn't really count does it? hahaha)

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 11 of 15
Valued Contributor

maiden_girl - I had a $32 balance report for the first time on my $700 Walmart, and my EQ dropped 7 pts.

Reason simply said 'account showing a balance'.

I purposely left the balance on there, since it was the lst purchase that I had used with the card, I thought it was a good thing to show a 4% balance.

So yeah, your $22 Walmart could very well be affecting your score by a few points.  YRMV of course.

Message 12 of 15
Contributor

Duncanrr wrote:
Reward points aren't great. I will get another charge card later and ill convert them to the better version of Amex points (cat remember the names of the points right now).

I wish my cats would keep track of rewards programs! Smiley Wink

Credit Scores: FICOs: TU 721 | Plus FAKOs: EX 726, EQ 739, TU 735 | CK FAKOs: Transrisk 689, Vantage 790
My Wallet: Amex Green (NPSL) | Amex SPG (21.6K) | Citi ThankYou Preferred (10.5K) | Amex BCE (8K) | US Air Premier MC (9.5K) | Chase Sapphire Preferred (8.5K) | Chase Freedom (5K) | Barclays Arrival (5K) | Pier 1 (2.5K) | Express (0.8K) | Kohl's (0.5K)
DH's Wallet (AU): Amex PRG (NPSL) | Chase Sapphire Preferred (26.2K) | Amex Delta (22.5K) | Barclays Arrival (12.8K) | CareCredit (8K) | Amex BCE (7.5K) | Chase Freedom (7K) | Sears Citi (6K) | Victoria's Secret (1K)
Message 13 of 15
Valued Contributor

maiden_girl wrote:

I have significantly cut my spending habits--I paid off two credit cards this year so I'm really proud of myself. Now I'm working on getting my balances down to 0 on these others and laying off the credit cards.

Currently:

$2900/4500 Chase Freedom

$22/1500 Walmart Discover (the low balance doesn't really count does it? hahaha)

Congrats, keep up the great progress! I predict a bright credit future for you. Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 15
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

racer-x wrote:

maiden_girl - I had a $32 balance report for the first time on my $700 Walmart, and my EQ dropped 7 pts.

Reason simply said 'account showing a balance'.

I purposely left the balance on there, since it was the lst purchase that I had used with the card, I thought it was a good thing to show a 4% balance.

So yeah, your $22 Walmart could very well be affecting your score by a few points.  YRMV of course.

Lol. I'm only letting it report to show usage. It's been 4 months no use since opening. I really only have it for the free FICO but I don't want to get my account closed so I use it for redbox rentals. Lol. I don't think a 22 balance is hurting as much as my 29 inquires. LOL. (Auto loan)

kevinjjc wrote:

maiden_girl wrote:

Currently:

$2900/4500 Chase Freedom

Congrats, keep up the great progress! I predict a bright credit future for you. Smiley Happy

Thanks! Hahaha! I can't wait to get rid of all my credit debt and see how much my credit has improved with just my loan reporting.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 15 of 15