Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time to let go of Orchard

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Time to let go of Orchard

I just did a BT on my Orchard card. My new citi card was offering 0% interest on BT for the next 7 months. Once citi pays Orchard I'm closing the account. I was told by an Orchard rep today that they where no longer offering CLI. I was done when i heard that an it's time to end the relationship.

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
NinComPoop
Contributor

Re: Time to let go of Orchard

I closed my Household Bank card a few days ago. They would not offer me a credit increase either, but I don't carry any hard feelings. They were relatively good compared to my other cards at the time, Continental Finance and First Premier.  I maxed out at $500 for the credit line and I didn't want to pay for the $59 annual fee any longer so it was time to move on. Congratulations on doing the same. They have served their purpose.

Message 2 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NinComPoop wrote:

I closed my Household Bank card a few days ago. They would not offer me a credit increase either, but I don't carry any hard feelings. They were relatively good compared to my other cards at the time, Continental Finance and First Premier.  I maxed out at $500 for the credit line and I didn't want to pay for the $59 annual fee any longer so it was time to move on. Congratulations on doing the same. They have served their purpose.

The card was good to me for rebuilding but it's time to move on.

Message 3 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is where we are currently. We've used Orchard/Household for a few years, and they have helped bring up our scores. Now I want to determine when we'll qualify for a 'real' CC.

Message 4 of 28
Hairy_Satchel
New Contributor

Same Here. They served me well but refused to grow with me. I guess I'm no longer in there target market. Oh well.

Message 5 of 28
creditreformer
Frequent Contributor

i closed mine earlier this mo. on the 3 yr anniv.  They wouldn’t cli me + would only waive ½ the AF.  Didn’t feel like paying $40/yr for an 800 cl.  Onto bigger/better ccs + I’ve already replaced the 800 cl (+ then some) that I lost by closing orchard.

Message 6 of 28
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Unless the card is charging you an annual fee, you are only hurting yourself if you close it.

You will lose your current CL on the card, and it may also result in their deletion of the account from your CR, thus resulting in loss of its age in your average age of accounts calculation.

This looks more to me like what we call a "sock drawer" card.  Just put it in your sock drawer, and dont use it.

I would only close a card to avoid fees, not to "be rid of them."

Message 7 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

The card has a $40 AF.

Message 8 of 28
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Good enough reason to chuck them to the circular file!

Message 9 of 28
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@NinComPoop wrote:

The card was good to me for rebuilding but it's time to move on.

Will there be a memorial service?

Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.