Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time to let go of Orchard

tag
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Time to let go of Orchard

ROFL!

Yes, just call 1-800-WHO-CARES for memorial service details!

Message 11 of 28
MrChairman
Established Contributor

Had the same problem with Orchard. I will admit they were great, never any problems until I wanted more out of the relationship LOL. Called in for CLI, got a measly $100 CLI for 3 years of stellar payments, usually 0 bal. And I was paying the $40 AF which they wouldn't waive. After I got approved for Freedom @ 1500 CL and the Discover More @ 2k CL I decided it was time to get rid of them, I more than made up for not having the $400 line they provided.

-The Chairman

Starting Score:TransUnion: 698 (12 FEB 2010), Equifax: 674 (12 FEB 2010)
Current Score (Lender Pulled):TransUnion: 684 (12 SEP 2016), Equifax: 696 (12 SEP 2016), Experian: 679 (12 SEP 2016)
Goal Score:All scores All scores at least 700+ by December 2017!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertEG wrote:

ROFL!

I didn't find that comment funny at all an if this thread didn't concern you why comment.

Message 13 of 28
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@RobertEG wrote:

ROFL!

I didn't find that comment funny at an if this thread didn't concern you why comment.

I'm sorry mjbfan79. Smiley Sad

RobertEG was responding to my funeral comment. I posted here sometime back about giving a memorial service for my Orchard after it met its demise. If you want me to zap the prior post (mine and the response), let me know.

Message 14 of 28
xchap
Contributor

i had orchard for 3-4 yrs had to let them go too. high apr and no cl. so i said bye bye..........

i'm happier now

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 760
Goal Score: 800

Message 15 of 28
LADYBUSA
Valued Member

I have a question, when is a good for me to let go of introductory CCs like Orchard? I have an Orchard account. I need a larger balance for travel purposes that I always pay off within 30 days. I keep my utilization under 3%. I am repairing my credit from a prior business partner that went belly up. I am at 675 Experian, 625 TransUnion, 632 EquiFax. I know all will go up in June when my late payment from one credit card in 2009 will hit 12 months. Should I wait until then or are my scores high enough now to try for a "real" CC? I have no car or home loan and nothing else negative on my report.

Starting Score: EQ 495
Current Score: EQ 694 4/10
Goal Score: 760 + 12/10

Message 16 of 28
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Hi, welcome to the forums!

I would ALWAYS wait for something to get better on my reports before applying, especially a recent late. It's not just the scores. Some lenders, like American Express, don't even use FICO scores. They have their own home-grown scoring system. But they very definitely do look at your reports, and recent lates scare the whee out of them.

If I may ask, where did you get your scores? Experian has not allowed consumers to buy our EX FICOs since February of last year. If you got these scores from someplace like TrueCredit or other monitoring services, they're FAKO's, not FICO's. You can buy your EQ and TU FICO's here, and you can also buy your EQ FICO from Equifax's website, and you can also buy your TU FICO from www.transunioncs.com <-- note the cs. The regular TU site sells FAKO's.

If all you have is one 30-day late, and your util on your (only?) CC is under 3%, your FICO's might well be higher.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 17 of 28
blacklotus
Regular Contributor

Experian:

I agree to only pull true Fico's from this site but out of curiousity I went and pulled my EX scores earlier this month.  I pulled them directly from the Experian website so there was no 3rd party- Haulingthescoreup I believe this is also called the EX PLUS score?  Well anyways the EX site is actually pretty informative and I am considered "low risk".  I am glad I did pull my scores from them because of lenders pulling random CR's nowadays and I don't believe in "locking" them when I app.

App strategy I read on Yahoo Finance page says wait at least six months before apping for new card (from previous app).

EDIT:  The www.experian.com EX score range is 330-830.  This seems very similar to Fico ranges.

TU Fico 736 EQ Fico 730 (December 2012)
Message 18 of 28
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

I know how you feel about "letting go".  I did the same with my Credit One card in November.   They upped my AF to something like $99, so within a few days of getting that letter, I was approved for my 10k Nationwide card.

I had the Credit One for about 5 years.  It served it's purpose & gave me $100 cli's on an average of every 6 mos, but I didn't need a $900 card with a $99 fee....so, it was time for the eulogy & burial.

Even after dropping that one, my cards' collective limits are 28k & moving forward!  Highest apr is 19.24 on my Chase BP Visa.  I never carry a balance & they give me 5% cash back on gas purchases, which is nice since I travel over 500 mi per week for work.  I currently have a $50 check on the way to me!  Smiley Wink

These days...ALL my cards give me something, not the other way around!  (Finally!!!!)

Lotus:  Just to add to your comment about the 6 month interval on apping.... it's ok to app in a shorter period of time, IF  you know who they are going to pull & that report is clean of inq's.  When I apped for the chase card, I knew they pulled EQ, so knowing Nationwide pulls TU & I had no inq's, I went for it a month after chase.

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 19 of 28
blacklotus
Regular Contributor

What was the APR on your Credit One card and did it change over time?

TU Fico 736 EQ Fico 730 (December 2012)
Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.