Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timing of AMEX Green App?

tag
Jutz
Valued Contributor

Timing of AMEX Green App?

Hey guys,

I was just approved yesterday with DCU for a new Auto Loan (Hope to close it this weekend) as well as their Visa w/ a 2k limit.  I've been wanting an AMEX Green so I can better organize my reimbursed fuel a misc. travel costs.  I'm probably a fringe applicant, I'd estimate my EX around 670-690, with a 30 day late last coming April of '12.  I have no collections or charge offs on EX, one 6.5 year old charge off from Verizon on TU and EQ.

I have a pretty decent idea of my chances for approval, but how about the best way to time this?  I obviously don't want to interfere with my Auto Loan, the DCU Visa should be all set in stone anyway, but I figured while I was out of the garden I might as well shoot for the Green.  You can see my inquiries in my signature.

• Current: EQ FICO 706, TU FICO 701, EX FICO 706 | Starting Score: 525 (05/2012)
  • Starting total revolving credit: $1100 | Current total revolving credit: $36,700
  • Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 2 TU 1 EX 1 | Most Recent: 1/21/2014
Chase Freedom $9500
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $3000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $3100
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

Re: Timing of AMEX Green App?

if your utility is down i would wait until your loan if funded and then go for it. 

if youve never been a member then it wouldnt matter when as long as you did it before your loan reports. 

the only thing that could be hurting you is the 30 day late. 

and be aware that if you are borderline they may tripple pull you. they did that with me even though i was approved online the same night. 

i recently apped for a revolver but was denied. with a score of 721

one of the reasons was loan balance to high to original loan amount. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 2 of 3
Jutz
Valued Contributor

Re: Timing of AMEX Green App?

@creditnocash wrote:

if your utility is down i would wait until your loan if funded and then go for it. 

if youve never been a member then it wouldnt matter when as long as you did it before your loan reports. 

the only thing that could be hurting you is the 30 day late. 

and be aware that if you are borderline they may tripple pull you. they did that with me even though i was approved online the same night. 

i recently apped for a revolver but was denied. with a score of 721

one of the reasons was loan balance to high to original loan amount. 

My UTIL is <4%.   The 30 day late is certainly not the only derog, just the most recent, and I know having something less than a year is not great.  I'm not terribly worried about a triple pull, because I know my INQs are low, and I don't plan on needing another INQ for another 6+ months.

So are you saying, wait until the loan is funded, but prior to it reporting?  The CC is being sent out now, won't receive it for a week, so I assume it'll be a few weeks until it reports.

• Current: EQ FICO 706, TU FICO 701, EX FICO 706 | Starting Score: 525 (05/2012)
  • Starting total revolving credit: $1100 | Current total revolving credit: $36,700
  • Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 2 TU 1 EX 1 | Most Recent: 1/21/2014
Chase Freedom $9500
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $3000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $3100
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.