cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tiny Amazon Rewards Visa CL - Update Auto CLI!

tag
jaysdad2k
Frequent Contributor

Tiny Amazon Rewards Visa CL - Update Auto CLI!

I apped online over the weekend for the Amazon Rewards Visa and got the 7-10 message. I called the BD number on Monday and the lady said "I can approve right now for $400." I wasn't even sure that she said $400, but I got an email today telling me the card has been added to my account, and I can use it on Amazon even though the card has not yet arrived.

$400? I have 8K with Discover, and 5K with Juniper. Even Cap One has me at $800.

Two years ago I was a flat denial with Amazon, and it is Chase. Is there any advantage to just telling them never mind if that is the best limit I can get?

Update:

Dear jaysdad2k,

As part of our ongoing commitment....we recently reviewed your account....your credit line has been increased to $900

Can't blame them for wanting to see if I would manage the account. If I didn't they would have only been out 400 bucks. I'm glad I kept it and used it a little.

Message Edited by jaysdad2k on 09-13-2009 12:46 PM
Message Edited by jaysdad2k on 09-13-2009 12:50 PM
"Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into practice."- Anton Chekhov
4/11 TU 743 4/11 EQ 763
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Watchmann
Valued Contributor

Re: Tiny Amazon Rewards Visa CL

A new $400 CL account in this environment is better than a CL DECREASE.  Take it, use it, bide your time until things blow over, and ask for more CL later. 
Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Watchmann
Valued Contributor

A new $400 CL account in this environment is better than a CL DECREASE.  Take it, use it, bide your time until things blow over, and ask for more CL later. 
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jaysdad2k wrote:
$400? I have 8K with Discover, and 5K with Juniper. Even Cap One has me at $800.

Welcome to the club. You got exactly $100 more than I did, and I had one card with $8,900 limit at that time. Those $300 got increased to $900 after three months.

Message 3 of 5
jaysdad2k
Frequent Contributor

OK, I'll take it, and be happy I'm in the door with Chase.

Thank you!

"Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into practice."- Anton Chekhov
4/11 TU 743 4/11 EQ 763
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

got that same card from chase, with 1500 cl , they let me roll my other chase cards now my amazon card has

29500.00 cl hang on to card and build it up.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.