Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tio (formerly Chargesmart) & Plastiq

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tio (formerly Chargesmart) & Plastiq

Has anyone used either of these with their Southwest Rapid Rewards card? I'm plotting my spend and figured I might as well do my car note for three months.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
thewally
New Contributor

Re: Tio (formerly Chargesmart) & Plastiq

I use Plastiq every month for my water, gas, electric bills and my mortgage.  Thus far it has been flawless, all payments received and processed in a timely fashion.  They even alert you when the receiver cashes the check.  I alternated between an SPG and Club Carlson card, neither has declined the charges or charges me a cash advance fee.  I have never used it with a Chase card though.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for replying. Does the transaction go through pretty quickly? Or should I submit the payments several days before the due dates to be on the safe side?
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I used chargesmart before it changed names. I paid some of my student loans to meet intro bonus spend on a card.

Message 4 of 10
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@thewally wrote:

I use Plastiq every month for my water, gas, electric bills and my mortgage.  Thus far it has been flawless, all payments received and processed in a timely fashion.  They even alert you when the receiver cashes the check.  I alternated between an SPG and Club Carlson card, neither has declined the charges or charges me a cash advance fee.  I have never used it with a Chase card though.

So you find it worthwhile to use every month (and not just meeting bonus)?  Because you value the SPG and CC rewards enough?

Message 5 of 10
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

I have heard Chase doesn't like/take plastiq(possible agreement w/plastiq?).. Although this could possibly just be a rumor I have read/heard.. Used it quite a bit with Amex Simply Cash/Platinum to easily meet spend.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got my Freedom in the mail and it says in the terms that payments through third parties are considered cash advances.  I'll make sure I look for the same verbiage on my Southwest card member agreement when it arrives.  If not, I'll still complete my spend.  I can go loads of places with 50K points!

Message 7 of 10
NichelleN
Established Contributor

I used Plastiq for the first time to pay my July mortgage. I submitted the payment on 6/25. It was posted to my mortgage account on 7/1. My mortgage provider was in the system as an electronic payee.

More than enough credit.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks for replying. Does the transaction go through pretty quickly? Or should I submit the payments several days before the due dates to be on the safe side?

It depends on the payee. For example, BoA doesn't accept electronic funds so a check must be mailed. This factor should determine when you submit your payment. 

I have never used a Chase credit card to pay a bill on Plastiq. However, it has been reported, when using a third party for payment, charges showed up as cash advance on their Chase statements.

Message 9 of 10
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I would pay several days just to be sure. Surprises aren't always fun.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.