Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tip for anyone in the military with a Capitalone card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tip for anyone in the military with a Capitalone card

If you google Capital One service member civil relief act and fill in the information on the page in they will lower your interest rates to 4% and refund you any fees you've ever pain on the account over that (late fee, interest, etc) !

This is not what the act is meant to do but for some reason Capital One does this. Almost makes up for their stinginess with CLIs. Almost....

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
ksantangelo23
Frequent Contributor

Re: Tip for anyone in the military with a Capitalone card

Thankfully, all lenders are required to obey the SCRA Smiley Happy

I wouldnt credit CapOne specifically

AMEX Hilton Ascend: $55,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve: $30,000 | PNC Points: $17,500 | AMEX BCE (AU): $18,000 | AMEX BCP: $15,000 | US Bank Cash+ $15,000 | AMEX Business Prime: $14,000 | AMEX SimplyCash: $12,000 | Capital One QS: $13,500 | Chase Business Ink: $12,000 | PNC Everyday (AU): $12,000 | JCPenny Store Card: $10,500 | Chase Slate: $9,400 | Capital One QS: $6,500 | (2nd) US Bank Cash+ (2nd): $7,500 | Discover IT: $6,000 | Chase Freedom: $3,500 | Auto Lease: $0/$21,000 | Auto Loan: $0/$18,000 |

TU: 818 EX: 809 EQ: 801

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

The SRCA speaks, mostly, to debt you have before you join. I've been just over ten years and have only had Capital One for about 4 years and they still did it. That's why I mentioned them.

Other CC issuers I talked to told me it didn't mean anything for my account.
Message 3 of 5
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Have you joined Navy Fed? If not, I'd do that while you're still in service. Thanks for your service!
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did just join them, again thanks to this board. Refinanced my auto loan with them and they gave me my cc with my highest CL. Plus there are a ton of local branches back where I'm stationed in the states.

Thanks for your support!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.