Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tips on Sams Club Purchases

tag
w003ptr
Contributor

Tips on Sams Club Purchases

I've been using Citi Diamond Preferred because it's my only Mastercard.  I realize that the CDP rewards suck though so I'm looking to make a game.  Is there a way to buy walmart gift cards (that can be used at Sams) and get points for it on another card?

Here's what I have:

AMEX BCE

AMEX Clear

Chase Freedom

Citi Forward

Citi Dividend Platinum Select

Last App 12/8/13 - BoA Better Balance Rewards

Wallet: Discover IT $4500, Chase Freedom $3k, Citi Forward $3000, AmEx BCE $2k

Sock Drawer: Citi Diamond Preferred $10500, BoA BBR $7500, Citi Platinum Select $2200, AmEx Clear $2k, J.Crew $1850, US Bank Platinum $500

12/2013: TU = 763, EX = 791, EQ = ??
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Odiseous
Frequent Contributor

Re: Tips on Sams Club Purchases

@w003ptr wrote:

I've been using Citi Diamond Preferred because it's my only Mastercard.  I realize that the CDP rewards suck though so I'm looking to make a game.  Is there a way to buy walmart gift cards (that can be used at Sams) and get points for it on another card?

Here's what I have:

AMEX BCE

AMEX Clear

Chase Freedom

Citi Forward

There is already a game that uses that technique.

TU98 751, EQ 766, EX 766 (Lender)

If at first you don't succeed; Garden for 6 months, then try again.

Work the system. Don't let the system work you.
Message 2 of 7
w003ptr
Contributor

@Odiseous wrote:

@w003ptr wrote:

Here's what I have:

AMEX BCE

AMEX Clear

Chase Freedom

Citi Forward

There is already a game that uses that technique.

What game is that?

Sock Drawer: Citi Diamond Preferred $10500, BoA BBR $7500, Citi Platinum Select $2200, AmEx Clear $2k, J.Crew $1850, US Bank Platinum $500

Message 3 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

you don't want to just get the Sams Club Discover or a Discover it?

Message 4 of 7
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

@w003ptr wrote:

Here's what I have:

AMEX BCE

AMEX Clear

Chase Freedom

Citi Forward

Simple, go to walmart and buy a gift card and use it at Sams LOL...  that's what i dod so i can use my SPG card ar Sams

you can even reload the card online so you don't have to make a trip to walmart after the initial purchase

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 5 of 7
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@ryanbush wrote:

Simple, go to walmart and buy a gift card and use it at Sams LOL...  that's what i dod so i can use my SPG card ar Sams

you can even reload the card online so you don't have to make a trip to walmart after the initial purchase

+1

Message 6 of 7
w003ptr
Contributor

Oh sorry, I was under the impression that there was a way to get more than 1% back in rewards.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.