Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tips on how to increase credit limit in a short time

tag
Yj002
Established Member

Tips on how to increase credit limit in a short time

I can't wait to have my CL to be above $10k! Any thoughts on how to increase my credit limit from now on because I just have the high credit limit CC'S recently? Any kind member with HIGH credit limit willing to share some tips, please? I would greatly appreciate it!
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Re: Tips on how to increase credit limit in a short time

it's never stop isnt it ??

once you hit 10k then wth why not 20k ? Then 30k and so on lol

Goodluck Smiley Very Happy and stay debt free.....

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 2 of 24
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Yj002 wrote:
I can't wait to have my CL to be above $10k! Any thoughts on how to increase my credit limit from now on because I just have the high credit limit CC'S recently? Any kind member with HIGH credit limit willing to share some tips, please? I would greatly appreciate it!

You have 2 Amex Charge Cards... Get an Amex Credit Card... If you have had your gold and platinum for over 6 months and stick some money through them you will probably see a really nice approval of a credit card and even if so so, with a possible 3x CLI at just 62 days... not much grows faster! well really none most likely other than maybe GE but really... Amex vs. GE? hmm Smiley Tongue

Message 3 of 24
Tanyasf
Established Member

Closed all of your credit card account and reapply
I'm not an American and i will never be
Message 4 of 24
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@ Tanyasf

What are you talking about? No reason to close all OPs account and reapply.
Message 5 of 24
dodfire
Valued Contributor

@Tanyasf wrote:

Sorry to say, but that is TERRIBLE advice!!!!!!

*8/10/13
Message 6 of 24
enharu
Super Contributor

@Yj002 wrote:

keep using ur cards and keep paying it off (or most of it off). Creditors will give higher CL when they think you need it and when you show ability to repay back debt.

@Tanyasf wrote:

Not sure serious or trolling, im assuming the latter based on your other posts.......but this is by far the worst thing to do.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 7 of 24
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Someone should ban that gal...
Here we go with the cyber bullying.
Check stopbullying.gov...

But yeah, once you get to $10k, you'll only want $20k! Lol
If you have GECRB, that's the quickest way. You could call credit solutions.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 8 of 24
shakalaka
Established Contributor

@Tanyasf wrote:

She is just a jeaulous girl trolling around ... just ignore her and she will be bored

If you are good to Amex, they will be good to you. I opened my BCE in January and went for the 3xCLI yesterday (61 days). I guess this is a nice high limit card, I wouldn´t have dream about a short time ago.

Just PIF and be nice to them ...

FICO (TU/EX/EQ): 773/766/778 - Total CL 255+K
Message 9 of 24
Yj002
Established Member

Read some of your posts. If you are not quite mature enough to post, then don't. It is quite immature of you to post something misleading just because you "wanted to make fun of people." I would feel bad if someone who does not know anything about credit, or who just started to learn, read your post and actually did what you wrote here. 

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.