Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tired of hearing bout Zync where where my Plat card holders

tag
Achase
Regular Contributor

Tired of hearing bout Zync where where my Plat card holders

Zync Zync Zync .....lol I'm tired of all these Zync stories where are my plat card holders at....what were some of your experiences.

Starting Score: 490
Current Score: 522
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Datx
Valued Contributor

Re: Tired of hearing bout Zync where where my Plat card holders

Well Zync is a fairly new product and because their are alot of rebuilders on this forum and the Zync is easier to qualify and get approved for, I believe you will be seeing more of "Znyc approved" threads.

Message 2 of 22
ficonightmare
Frequent Contributor

I'm curious about Platinum as well.

I'm wondering if anyone knows how the companion flight ticket works? A friend of ours who had the card years ago said it he had to go through Amexs' agency and it nothing was ever available on the dates he needed. Also heard that the initial flight costs more through Amex than if you booked it yourself elsewhere.

But as this was years ago, wondering if anything's changed?

Starting Score: 600s
Current Score: EQ 08 798 on 5/28/14, TU 792 on 5/27/4 via Barclay, EX 798 on 5/28/14

Message 3 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Many people here are rebuilders and ZYNC is a good way to get in with AMEX.

Message 4 of 22
Achase
Regular Contributor

I am a plat member and although I have not taken advantage of that benefit as of yet. U do have to book through Amex and it is more expensive plus there are no more domestic flights included The free companion ticket Is exclusive to international flights only

@ficonightmare wrote:

I'm curious about Platinum as well.

I'm wondering if anyone knows how the companion flight ticket works? A friend of ours who had the card years ago said it he had to go through Amexs' agency and it nothing was ever available on the dates he needed. Also heard that the initial flight costs more through Amex than if you booked it yourself elsewhere.

But as this was years ago, wondering if anything's changed?

Starting Score: 490
Current Score: 522

Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am trying to become a Platinum member, but my grandfather has a black card (I wonder if he will make me an AU?).

Message 6 of 22
ArisGreek
Frequent Contributor

A lot of us do not care to dish out $450/year for it unless you travel a ton. Even then, I feel the AMEX Gold Premiere Rewards would be better. I've had the option to do AMEX Platinum but I cannot justify a $450 fee. Plus, if I wanted to make someone an AU it's $175! That's ridiculous.

===========
TU: 745(TU98) | EQ: 774 | EX: ? | NO BADDIES!
What's in my wallet? AMEX Platinum, United Presidential Plus World Elite MC, AMEX JetBlue, Nordstrom Visa Sig, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, AMEX Zync, Citi AAdvantage Plat Select Visa, Banana Republic, Home Depot
Message 7 of 22
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@ArisGreek wrote:

A lot of us do not care to dish out $450/year for it unless you travel a ton. Even then, I feel the AMEX Gold Premiere Rewards would be better. I've had the option to do AMEX Platinum but I cannot justify a $450 fee. Plus, if I wanted to make someone an AU it's $175! That's ridiculous.

+1

But if someone would like to give me $450, I'll be glad to get one and let y'all know how it goes. Smiley Happy

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 8 of 22
hedgeclipper2
Frequent Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@ArisGreek wrote:

+1

But if someone would like to give me $450, I'll be glad to get one and let y'all know how it goes. Smiley Happy

Likewise!

-----------------------
My favorite card right now: Fidelity Investment Rewards Visa Signature
Message 9 of 22
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

The only advantage besides travel in the past for the platinum is you had to have the platinum to get invited to black card.  Now it's basically open to anyone who can spend the bucks so why bother... Especially here in LA, everyone has platinum, the Zync is so new, I have had many people think it was higher up the chain and wanted to know what it was, etc.

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.