Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tires Plus/CFNA Reporting

tag
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

Tires Plus/CFNA Reporting

Anyone know how this will report to the CB's? Previous posts have indicated that they don't report the limits...just high balance.

I just applied over the phone as I'm getting some work done tomorrow, tire, oil and filter change and inspection - approved for 1200 - TU pull I think (not frozen on that one so eliminates the other two) .

Starting Score: 682 EQ, 663 TU
Current Score: 687 EQ - 705 TU on 7/18/10
Goal Score: 700 + both EQ and TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Tires Plus/CFNA Reporting

from what I know, you are correct, high balance only

Message 2 of 20
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

thanks credit addict - i'm hoping it doesn't report as a consumer finance account.

i could have just paid cash but decided to have another positive tradeline....

Starting Score: 682 EQ, 663 TU
Current Score: 687 EQ - 705 TU on 7/18/10
Goal Score: 700 + both EQ and TU

Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

CFNA reports credit limit for Firestone accounts, why not for Tires Plus?

They are inept, though - sometimes it takes a complaint or two to get the CL reporting to stick ...

Message 4 of 20
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

my Firestone does not report a CL, but I also have not used it, does it suddenly report CL if you charge on it?

Message 5 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

my Firestone does not report a CL, but I also have not used it, does it suddenly report CL if you charge on it?

Firestone/CFNA "officially" changed their policy around summer '08 (?) to start reporting CL as any other normal CC does. Of course, this should occur whether or not you make a purchase. After I read about their policy change, I had to complain once before they started reporting my CL, then complain a second time when they stopped reporting a month or two later. After my second complaint, they have reported faithfully for about 2 years, even though my last purchase was 15 months ago ...

Message 6 of 20
Pushto700
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

CFNA reports credit limit for Firestone accounts, why not for Tires Plus?

They are inept, though - sometimes it takes a complaint or two to get the CL reporting to stick ...

For some reason, they report the limits to EQ only (as evidenced from my Firestone card), Experian and TU only show high/current balance, no CL. Do not understand why.

Starting Score: TU: ?-- EQ: ?--EX 560 (8-08)
Current Score: TU: 671 (3-10) 625 (4-10/Rebucketed)--EQ: 674 (3-10)--EX 630 (Lender 11-09)
Goal Score: TU: 750--EQ: 760

Message 7 of 20
Pushto700
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Firestone/CFNA "officially" changed their policy around summer '08 (?) to start reporting CL as any other normal CC does. Of course, this should occur whether or not you make a purchase. After I read about their policy change, I had to complain once before they started reporting my CL, then complain a second time when they stopped reporting a month or two later. After my second complaint, they have reported faithfully for about 2 years, even though my last purchase was 15 months ago ...

This shows on your Experian and TU reports as well? I only see it on my EQ (Credit Limit). It would be nice to have the Credit Limit (instead of balance only) actually report to the other two....

Current Score: TU: 671 (3-10) 625 (4-10/Rebucketed)--EQ: 674 (3-10)--EX 630 (Lender 11-09)

Message 8 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Firestone card was reporting the limit at $196, even though i had a $1200 limit.  I disputed it and it was corrected, which bumped my score up by almost 50 points since it had previously looked like i was charged up way over my limit.

Message 9 of 20
Pushto700
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My Firestone card was reporting the limit at $196, even though i had a $1200 limit.  I disputed it and it was corrected, which bumped my score up by almost 50 points since it had previously looked like i was charged up way over my limit.

With Experian? Really....so what did you do exactly to get the limit to actually report?

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.