Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To APP or not to APP?

tag
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: To APP or not to APP?

Simply no, no and no. You are working on paying down balances. Adding another card at this point is not the right choice.

Pay down your util. Use your existing cards responsibly (with low util) for several months. Let your scores grow. Then when you do app, you will get a better limit and APR.

I don't see an approval at the moment anyway, and if by some chance you were approved almost certainly not a good limit or APR. Please, be patient.

Message 11 of 12
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: To APP or not to APP?

@Anonymous wrote:
Which has gone from 81% to 47% overall.

Do not exceed 30% is the general advice.  You're still well over 30% and you have derogs.  If you want the best possible odds then get your credit in the best possible shape.  Can those remaining derogs be removed?  How low can you get your revolving utilization?

@Anonymous wrote:
Here's the thing guys. Barclay couldn't care less about scores. Some reps will tell you you need a 600 but that's bull. Lol I was approved for my APPLE at a 570 with $700 line. CLI after recon x 3 to $1500 then $3000. All under 600 scores. So I think Barclay really looks at overall usage and not scores.

If you aren't going to take advice you're certainly free to do as you please.  All creditors consider scores.  None of them make decisions based solely on scores.  That, however, doesnt mean that scores are never considered.

@Anonymous wrote:
I am more looking on advice of what to say at recon as to why i want their card etc

Recon will not overrule the red flags that have been mentioned.  There are no magic words that will guarantee approval no matter what shape one's credit is in.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.