cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To App, or not to App? That is the question.

tag
_jb_
Frequent Contributor

Re: To App, or not to App? That is the question.

Refer to my response in the other thread. Smiley Wink

Starting Scores: myFICO EQ: 678, myFICO TU: 676, myFICO EX: 678 (01/2013)
Latest Scores: myFICO EQ: 789, myFICO TU: 782, myFICO EX: 788
My Wallet: American Express BCE, NFCU cashRewards, Capital One Quicksilver, Discover It, Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon Rewards
Gardening since 02/07/17
Message 11 of 15
VirusCredit13
Regular Contributor

@_jb_ wrote:

Refer to my response in the other thread. Smiley Wink

Saw it, replied just to verify to call Chase for Amazon's visa. And not some Amazon Visa specific line(which I don't see listed)

Message 12 of 15
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

I too think you have a great chance of being approved for the Chase Freedom and you should apply now and start it aging. This card is better than the others for rewards and rate. I say App away. You have a great credit score and should have access to great credit. Hwever I deferr to the gurus here and waiting 6 months to be sure isnt a bad idea. I still think you have a good chance now though. Citi appears to be harder to get than Chase to me. I was recently denied both of them but I have horrible credit so that makes sense.

Message 13 of 15
ObeyJohnny12
Established Contributor

I suggest waiting a least 6 months. Use your Discover more and pif and try to get a cli on it after 6 months and then apply for freedom. Chase might end up matching your cl on Discover or possibly give you more.
Wells Fargo Secured - 7k
Opensky - 5k
Rebuilding One Day At A Time.
Message 14 of 15
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

@eviLution wrote:
Chase requires at least 1 year of revolving history, unless you bank with them with assets to show.

I received a $5,000 credit line Freedom with only 6 months of revolving history on a $3,000 Cap1 Cash Rewards.  I hardly think this is an absolute rule.  I do not bank with Chase, and have only modest liquid assets.

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.