Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To CLI or Not To CLI my Chase Slate

tag
Bsong
Regular Contributor

To CLI or Not To CLI my Chase Slate

Hi Everyone!!!

Its been awhile since Ive last posted on this board but im back at it again and need some advice. 

I currently have a chase slate that Ive had over a year now with a limit of $20k but a balance of $15k. I was considering reqeusting a CLI but was worried I would get denied due to the current balance on the card. 

However, my overall utilization is only @ 15%. 

Since I was worried about getting a denied CLI from Chase, I went and applied for a BOA Better Balance card and was approved for $15k. 

With that said... Im now itching to see my chances of getting an increase on my Slate since its the card I mostly use now due to the no interest period.

Any input would be greatly appreciated! 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: To CLI or Not To CLI my Chase Slate

Dont waste the HP unless you have a mighty high balance to transfer.
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bsong wrote:
Any input would be greatly appreciated! 

You're not going to like my input: pay of that balance ASAP before you do anything else. Credit cards are a sucker game for most of those carrying balances but they're worth gold if you don't.

Message 3 of 10
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Julian, how is that respectful?

He's got a zero Apr for a set period. Why not take advantage of it esp if he can pay it off by the end of the 0 period? No different than rewards in that it keeps cash in your pocket/ which might get charged high interest if its a major purchase on a nonzero apr card. Enough with the preaching

Message 4 of 10
RiotAct

Dang, $20k credit line on the Slate?!?

Message 5 of 10
Luscher
Valued Contributor

Your at 75% util. They are not going to give you a cli.
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 6 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Luscher wrote:
Your at 75% util. They are not going to give you a cli.

+1 Very doubtful indeed.

Message 7 of 10
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

Please don't. To me, Slate is a waste of a hard pull. I'm so embrassed that i have one lol.

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 8 of 10
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

Also, i highly doubt they'll give you a CLI with a 15k balance. Just hope they don't balance chase you.

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 9 of 10
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

I doubt a CLI gets approved and even with 0% do not add more debt and pay down first...just my 2 cents

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.