Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To Mods: Cap One Exec Office sticky suggestion

tag
bs6054
Valued Contributor

To Mods: Cap One Exec Office sticky suggestion

At the risk of forum traffic dropping a few % points, would it be possible to sticky something about contacting cap one exec offices.  One very good post was

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/How-to-get-a-PC-or-CLI-from-Capital-One/td-p/1690104 and stickying just that should help a lot.

Well, with maybe one change:  That has  "email (google fu or pm someone here that has the address)"  

Part of my motivation is dying inside every time I see a request for a PM for the email! 

I prefer "Oh, you don't know the email?  You are on the [expletive deleted] internet.  You want the email of the CEO of Capital One.  How would you find that?  Hint: Search Engine"  but that's just me

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
starry1
Valued Contributor

Re: To Mods: Cap One Exec Office sticky suggestion

Can we also start abbreviating it to C1EO? Just like the robot, only not as polite.

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 2 of 7
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@starry1 wrote:
Can we also start abbreviating it to C1EO? Just like the robot, only not as polite.

Well, that would stop the decline in posts I guess, as we would still get most of "Can someone PM me the email for the Capital One Executive Office" along with a whole new set of "What does C1EO mean?"

Message 3 of 7
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Good suggestion! 

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 4 of 7
CreditWorld2013
Frequent Contributor

I would thread carefully with this. I can only imagine the amount of forum traffic has increased but the Executive Office has also seen a high increase in callers. It should be noted that the only time you should use them is if you really deserve it or have an issue. If every single person doesn't at least try with their regular customer service, account managers, etc and just call up the EO eventually they will either change numbers and everyone will have ruined a very usefull way in getting assistance or they will start to become less effective and manage the regular calls similar to their lower level reps. So perhaps some balance is needed instead of just promoting this number/emaill as the new regular customer service number. Finally, one can only hope that this leads Capital One into changing some of their policies so it is easier to get a CLI without bothering the EO along with Product Changes and so on. 

Message 5 of 7
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@CreditWorld2013 wrote:

I would thread carefully with this. I can only imagine the amount of forum traffic has increased but the Executive Office has also seen a high increase in callers. It should be noted that the only time you should use them is if you really deserve it or have an issue. If every single person doesn't at least try with their regular customer service, account managers, etc and just call up the EO eventually they will either change numbers and everyone will have ruined a very usefull way in getting assistance or they will start to become less effective and manage the regular calls similar to their lower level reps. So perhaps some balance is needed instead of just promoting this number/emaill as the new regular customer service number. Finally, one can only hope that this leads Capital One into changing some of their policies so it is easier to get a CLI without bothering the EO along with Product Changes and so on. 

You may be right, but given the prevalence of threads on this, my guess is that anyone who is going to "abuse" the process (by calling EO first rather than customer service) probably already is doing that, but not before posting N times asking for contact info.

I agree people should be told to try CS first, and that EO is a last resort.  But I don't think we can use the concept of "really deserve", most people feel they really deserve a CLI/AF reduction/rewards etc.

And yes, Cap One might change contact info because too many people use it, but in some cosmic way that is at least as fair as the current situation, where it only works because a small number of people happen (through no great merit of their own) to know about it.  Which is only good if you are one of those people....

Message 6 of 7
CreditWorld2013
Frequent Contributor

@bs6054 wrote:

@CreditWorld2013 wrote:

You may be right, but given the prevalence of threads on this, my guess is that anyone who is going to "abuse" the process (by calling EO first rather than customer service) probably already is doing that, but not before posting N times asking for contact info.

I agree people should be told to try CS first, and that EO is a last resort.  But I don't think we can use the concept of "really deserve", most people feel they really deserve a CLI/AF reduction/rewards etc.

And yes, Cap One might change contact info because too many people use it, but in some cosmic way that is at least as fair as the current situation, where it only works because a small number of people happen (through no great merit of their own) to know about it.  Which is only good if you are one of those people....

What I mean by "really deserve" it is quite simple. If you have been running up a lot of charges, paid on time, and your credit shows you are on the right path...you should get an increase. BUT many people that refer to Capital One as "Crap One" and similar names forget that Capital One probably gave them a chance to prove themselves which in term led them to being able to get other cards. It goes back to the statement "don't bite the hand that feeds you" and then they call them up insulting them because they didn't get an increase even if their reports show 10 collections, 20 inqs, etc. Unfortunaltey, some people just think because they are cardholders they are automatically "entitled" even if their reports are less than perfect. That is the main issue because they do get calls saying if they don't get an increase they will close the account, find better banks, etc. Is that really what every cardmember should resort to doing? I would hope not. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.