Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To Rcon or not .. That is the question!

tag
Woolfman
Established Contributor

To Rcon or not .. That is the question!

Well i applied for Chase last week and got my letter in the mail today they denied me due to

"To many recent requests for credit or reviews of your credit."

They pulled EQ on me .  Myfico scorewatch currently says i have 21 inquiries on my report . Alot of them are from buying a house and a car in Sept and Nov. 

Should i try to call them and explain that ? My TU only has 5 on it . Would they pull that one instead? Or should i just chalk it up and forget about it. I have no baddies . My AAOA is right at a year . and utility is right around 10 percent if not less . 

Thanks for reading and any suggestions are really appreciated!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
jaybird201
Established Contributor

Re: To Rcon or not .. That is the question!

Yeah, I'd recon if I were you. They're usually pretty understanding about that sorta stuff. I had the same issue a little while ago and successfully reconned 3 denied apps and received generous limits. My excessive inquiries were credit card apps though, not sure if it matters that yours were for a mortgage/auto.
Message 2 of 12
billsfan14
New Contributor

I def do a recon!  Chase is pretty easy on  them...  There's another thread right below this with the same question.  Check out my answer there for more info.

Good luck! 

Message 3 of 12
Woolfman
Established Contributor

Thank you to both of you for your advice . I did see that other thread after i posted mine but i didnt want to hijack his thread.

I assume its better to call the back door number during normal business hours and not at night and such ?

This will be my first time trying to Rcon an application But would really like to toss the orchard bank card i have (AF $39)  

Message 4 of 12
billsfan14
New Contributor

Go for it Dave.  I was approved with a 711 EQ for $3500 last week, no reason you shouldn't get that.
Message 5 of 12
Woolfman
Established Contributor

Well i tried . They still said No . Smiley Sad 

Too many accounts being opened . She even asked me if i had a Bankrupcty because my report shows a closed account in 1999 and then nothing credit wise until april of last year . (10 yrs?) She was real nice and i tried to explain the situation but she wouldnt budge .  That i had no bankruptcy and had gotten divorced and was just paying cash for everything. But being recently getting married , buying a house and a new car and such added a lot of inquiries . 6 yrs on the same job . 

8 accounts opened in the past year . 

Well i cant say i didnt try!

Message 6 of 12
billsfan14
New Contributor

That's unfortunate!   Did you try the backdoor numbers?  

It never hurts to try again, it's all about which CSR you talk to. 

Message 7 of 12
Woolfman
Established Contributor

Yep i called the backdoor number . Maybe ill try again . She said she was sending another letter . Wonder if i call again if the next person will see i have already called?
Message 8 of 12
billsfan14
New Contributor

Not sure if they have that information or not, probably, but I doubt it matters too much.

This is from a website where people share approval status and such...

"Was denied, then recon twice, second time worked!!"

"Got the 30 day BS, called to recon right after. 2 baddies on EQ, 5 new accounts just hit the 6 month mark, no INQ. RECON these guys! Chase loves a Recon and its easy!"

"on recon,4th time was the charm, kept calling 800 number for recon"

I'd say give it another shot! 

Message 9 of 12
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I called chase when I got the same message. I did not have luck in getting them to approve new account for me. I have decided to wait next 6-12 months and then apply. Good Luck.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.