Regular Contributor
octavia

Re: To Rcon or not .. That is the question!

I was denied a chase platinum card back in sept.08 when i opened by checking/savings at chase bank.

I called the backdoor number for recon; the analyst asked why I filed BK13 I explained my reason for filing (i not only had 1 bk13 but had 2 showing on TU report; I only explained the one filed/discharged in 2004). She asked my job title, my income then put me on hold for a few minutes and came back appoved for $2,000 for the Chase Freedom card. My first prime bank/ rewards card since the bk13.  I use it for my monthly bills and pif 2-3x a month.

I only had 1 inquiry (on all 3 CRs) for my mtg refi.  (My broker assured me that only 1 inquiry would show on CR for mtg inq. as long as it's coded correctly. Somehow or another the different banks had access to the same report my broker had first accessed.  So no separate inquiries were made.)

Having said that, I would recon if I were you.

O.

Ficos: August 2009 EQ 713
July 2008 EQ 696, EX 726, TU 710
Ficos: April 2008, EQ 696, EX 721, TU 710
Ficos: January 2008, EQ 691, EX 715, TU 663
Frequent Contributor
Woolfman

Re: To Rcon or not .. That is the question!

well i will give it one more shot on the way home from work today . Now to try to remember who it was i spoke with so i dont talk to the same person :smileyhappy:

Starting Score: 680
Current Score: 761 From 12/11/2013
Goal Score: 800

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+