cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To Ritz Cardholders who got the 140K Bonus...have you used your points?

tag
IWOL
Established Contributor

To Ritz Cardholders who got the 140K Bonus...have you used your points?

Was wondering if any of you that got the RItz 140K points sign up bonus have redeemed your Ritz points for a stay at a Ritz.

I was looking at using my points for a trip to Maui. I can get 6 nights at the Ritz in Maui for 300K points. I have 170K from the sign up bonus and spend and can transfer 130K from my UR points....just not sure if this redemption is a bad value.

The best rate I could find online for the Ritz in Maui is $495 per night so that would be $3000 value for the 300K points or $0.01 per point.

I have not redeemed Ritz points before, is $0.01 per point what you usually get for Ritz points or can you do better at Ritz properties. I know Marriot redemptions are probably offer a  better value.

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: To Ritz Cardholders who got the 140K Bonus...have you used your points?

@IWOL wrote:

Was wondering if any of you that got the RItz 140K points sign up bonus have redeemed your Ritz points for a stay at a Ritz.

I was looking at using my points for a trip to Maui. I can get 6 nights at the Ritz in Maui for 300K points. I have 170K from the sign up bonus and spend and can transfer 130K from my UR points....just not sure if this redemption is a bad value.

The best rate I could find online for the Ritz in Maui is $495 per night so that would be $3000 value for the 300K points or $0.01 per point.

I have not redeemed Ritz points before, is $0.01 per point what you usually get for Ritz points or can you do better at Ritz properties. I know Marriot redemptions are probably offer a  better value.

UR for Marriott points is a step backwards.

Message 2 of 23
IWOL
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@IWOL wrote:

I know its a bad redemption for UR's but what about my points that are stuck at Ritz.....any idea what the best you can do in terms of redeeming the Ritz points. Can you get the redemption value up to $0.02 or $0.025?

Message 3 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@IWOL wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@IWOL wrote:

I know its a bad redemption for UR's but what about my points that are stuck at Ritz.....any idea what the best you can do in terms of redeeming the Ritz points. Can you get the redemption value up to $0.02 or $0.025?

Not nesc. Could you split the stay 150K for 3 nights and then use UR to cover the rest at least at 1.25cpp

Message 4 of 23
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@IWOL wrote:

True...I mostly use UR for rental or Hyatt points. Other than that, i keep them exactly where they're at.

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 5 of 23
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@IWOL wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@IWOL wrote:

Not nesc. Could you split the stay 150K for 3 nights and then use UR to cover the rest at least at 1.25cpp

This is fascinating stuff. How do you do this? Call, state you want to pay 3 nights with 1 card, and the rest with another? Or...how? IDK travel stuff Nixon. Smiley Happy

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 6 of 23
sillykitty1
Established Contributor

You may know this already, but you know that Ritz & Marriott points are the same right?  So you're not limited to only Ritz properties. 

Personally I would not spend 300K points on 6 nights, especially since 130K of those are more valuable UR's. But people redeem in ways I wouldn't all the time. So the question is, if it worth it to you?

Message 7 of 23
bigbang91
Established Contributor

@IWOL wrote:

130k UR points alone can get you 6 nights at Hyatt Regency Maui

Message 8 of 23
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@bigbang91 wrote:

@IWOL wrote:

I used my points at the JW essex house (total of 205k points) 140k from ritz bonus, plus some other points I had. Got around 1.5cpp value. 

Will be staying at the tyson's corner marriott in june. Room would be about 1900 for 6 nights. I have 41k points, i'll be buying 39k points for $485, giving me the 80k for 5 nights, and then paying a discounted rate of $84 for the 6th night (not sure how that happened but it's what points and cash gave me. I'll be spending 1.25cpp to buy the points, and i'll be getting an estimated value of 2.27cpp for my redemption. 

Message 9 of 23
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

@bigbang91 wrote:

@IWOL wrote:

I used my points at the JW essex house (total of 205k points) 140k from ritz bonus, plus some other points I had. Got around 1.5cpp value. 

Will be staying at the tyson's corner marriott in june. Room would be about 1900 for 6 nights. I have 41k points, i'll be buying 39k points for $485, giving me the 80k for 5 nights, and then paying a discounted rate of $84 for the 6th night (not sure how that happened but it's what points and cash gave me. I'll be spending 1.25cpp to buy the points, and i'll be getting an estimated value of 2.27cpp for my redemption. 

I wish there was a Nixon-created guide on this. This is like jibberish. Could he not transfer his ritz points into UR points? Which is worth more? I was looking at both cards (in the future when I plan to travel, not any time soon) and this combo could make me get both and then throw one away after the combined bonuses are met. But I don't know the intricacies of a procedure such as this one.

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.