Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To WalMart or not to WalMart...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: To WalMart or not to WalMart...

@frogfan12 wrote:

This forum is so bad for me. I've applied for like 4 CCs since I joined. And it's because I get the go ahead from people on here telling me I'll be approved. Haha.

Then you need to stop creating post that ask if you should be ok for approval. The forced nature of us being kind, and supportive will only pressure you to app more!

Message 11 of 38
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@frogfan if you feel like you dont want to app by all meand do wht you think is right for you. you asked what are your chances of approval and i think they are very good. of course YMMV but all of this is just advice. If you feel like youl be negatively impacted for new credit hold off.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 12 of 38
frogfan12
Established Contributor

Congrats Trigga on your approval!

And I made the "bad for me" comment in jest. I've been able to use my knowledge of credit gained from here to buy nice things (i.e. my new MacBook Pro, which I love by the way) and to wield my power as a consumer. I'm appreciative of the support displayed here on the forums. 

Sooo if Trigga got an $800 CL, what do you think mine would be?

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Goal Score: 760
Message 13 of 38
Trigga
Regular Contributor

@frogfan12 wrote:

Congrats Trigga on your approval!

And I made the "bad for me" comment in jest. I've been able to use my knowledge of credit gained from here to buy nice things (i.e. my new MacBook Pro, which I love by the way) and to wield my power as a consumer. I'm appreciative of the support displayed here on the forums. 

Sooo if Trigga got an $800 CL, what do you think mine would be?

Frog is your scores fico scores in your sig ? I have medicore CLs on my cards im sure yours is much better ive only been working on my credit for like a year or so .

WalMart 5k , Amazon 3.5k,Chase Freedom 1.5k , Citi TY 2k, Discover IT1.1k, HomeDepot 2.8k , Chase Slate1.5k , BofA cash rewards 1.5k, Lowes 12k , Kay Jewelers 3k , Gardening until 2015!
Message 14 of 38
frogfan12
Established Contributor

All 3 are FICOs. All have dropped a bit but I'm above 700 on all 3 scores.

Message 15 of 38
frogfan12
Established Contributor

All of my CCs have good CLIs ($2500-$4K) except for my newest LB card, which is at $750. 

Message 16 of 38
Trigga
Regular Contributor

@frogfan12 wrote:

All of my CCs have good CLIs ($2500-$4K) except for my newest LB card, which is at $750. 

Would think you would get more than me maybe even a discover card but ya never know with CCCs . If you do app please update this post im curious ! And GoodLUCK !

WalMart 5k , Amazon 3.5k,Chase Freedom 1.5k , Citi TY 2k, Discover IT1.1k, HomeDepot 2.8k , Chase Slate1.5k , BofA cash rewards 1.5k, Lowes 12k , Kay Jewelers 3k , Gardening until 2015!
Message 17 of 38
frogfan12
Established Contributor

Will do. I really just want the card for the free score. 

I'm thinking of applying for a car either later this year or next year, so I'm trying to keep my inquiries to a minimum. And I just recently got a Barclaycard and I've read a lot about them wanting people to lay low for 6 months. 

Message 18 of 38
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@frogfan12 wrote:

Will do. I really just want the card for the free score. 

I'm thinking of applying for a car either later this year or next year, so I'm trying to keep my inquiries to a minimum. And I just recently got a Barclaycard and I've read a lot about them wanting people to lay low for 6 months. 

How recent on the Barclaycard??

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 19 of 38
frogfan12
Established Contributor

A couple of weeks ago. Maybe three now.

Message 20 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.