cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To add my mom as joint user or authorized user in my Kay Jeweler's card and Capital One ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: To add my mom as joint user or authorized user in my Kay Jeweler's card and Capital One ?

The best way to establish credit for her in this situation is to be added as JOINT ACCOUNT HOLDER because some of the FICO scoring models don't count AU as before.

In case she is  AU and we apply for a credit and they use the new FICO 08 this tradeline maybe will not show up...

Message 11 of 13
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: To add my mom as joint user or authorized user in my Kay Jeweler's card and Capital One ?

@Anonymous wrote:

The best way to establish credit for her in this situation is to be added as JOINT ACCOUNT HOLDER because some of the FICO scoring models don't count AU as before. All the FICO models allow AU's. But to be a joint account holder usually requires an appicattion and since she doesn't have a score yet I don't see how this would work.

In case she is  AU and we apply for a credit and they use the new FICO 08 this tradeline maybe will not show up... FICO08 does allow for AU's. At one time it was talked about that FICO08 would not consider AU's but that was never implemented.

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just called Capital One and add her as AU.

They ask for her social ,address,date of birth and told me  they will report her to the 3 CRA on the 18 the.

Tomorrow will go to KAY STORE and see what will be the result....AU only if she can't qualify to be JOINT ACCOUNT HOLDER...

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.