Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To all CITI card holders!

tag
preci0uz
Regular Contributor

To all CITI card holders!

I don't understand why almost everyone, includig myself, loves AMEX. I've heard sooo many great things about CITI but I'm just afraid of applying. I know some of you must have felt like that? Please tell me I'm not crazy or not, haha . Smiley Happy

I'm planning to have surgery in March '09 and instead of financing it, I just rather apply for a CITI card with a 0% intro period.  I just want to get an idea of what my changes are when I apply in February and which card to choose.

So for my research purposes, if you could please answer the following:

• When did you get your first card?
  • Which card did you apply for?
  • Were you approved instantly or did you have to call?
  • Do you know what your FICO score was at the time?
  • Did you get a CLI at activation or did you try to get one (I know I will try to get one) ?
  • When was your first CLI? Your current UTL % at the time of applying.
  • Do you use your CITI as one of your main cards? If no, which ones do you use?
  • How would you rate their customer service on a scale from 1-10?

Thank you everyone!!!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Zar
Regular Contributor

Re: To all CITI card holders!

Hello Preci0uz,

Here I answer your questions in a summarized way:

• August 2007 (first card), May 2008 (second card).

• mtvU, Diamond Preferred Rewards (DPR).

• Instant approval on both.

• Over 700/over 720.

• Did you get a CLI at activation or did you try to get one (I know I will try to get one) ?
  • For DPR, automatic $750 CLI on the day of activation. Later CLIs.

• For DPR, the same day of activation. UTL < 1%

• DPR is by far my main card, (Highest CL and lowest APR), the best one! I also use AmEx, BofA and WaMu. 

Customer service has been very professional and right to the point. Also when I called them to lower my APR they gave me an unexpected CLI which was very welcome! (No hard pulls). 10 out of 10.

All the best in that surgery and good luck when you apply for a Citi card!!! You'll like it!

Zar Smiley Happy

Message Edited by Zar on 12-23-2008 10:16 AM
    Message 2 of 5
    Anonymous
    Not applicable

First Credit card obtained in 1991. First "Citibank" card, April 2006.

Citi Simplicity, for the 0% BT Offer.

Approved Instantly

720-730

No, I've never asked any issuer for a CLI. Citi started me with 12K. Card has a CL of 25K now,

15-20% Utilization at the time, as I was paying off alot of debt. Spotless credit history otherwise, no lates or baddies. CL increased automatically every 6 months. My LAST CLI was in January of 2008.

No, my main cards are my Chase Continental Rewards Mastercard, AMEX One Card, and PENFED cash rewards. I only use this card when I travel to Europe 1-2x's per year, as it has low foreign transaction fees.

Message 3 of 5
    Anonymous
    Not applicable

September 2007 
    Plat Select (via an offer)
    Instant for $2500
    Truthfully 610 - but I had both an Exxon and HD card (citi backed)
    No and No
    At 9 months to $3100 then at 15 months to $4700
    Use to -- NFCU and USAA are my main ones now

Good to very good

See I am NOT that fond of AmEx except for My USAA AmEx - which is awesome

Message 4 of 5
    SCF
    Valued Contributor

• When did you get your first card? July 2008
    • Which card did you apply for? Dividend Platinum Select (since discontinued for everyone but students I think, they have other good rewards cards though)
    • Were you approved instantly or did you have to call? Instant approval online
    • Do you know what your FICO score was at the time? ~735
    • Did you get a CLI at activation or did you try to get one (I know I will try to get one) ? I did not ask for a CLI, but, at the time, my other limits were $1k x2 and $500, so the initial $4300 was super generous.  Note that I only make $10k a year at the moment (volunteer earning a living stipend), so that makes it almost ridiculously generous.
    • When was your first CLI? Your current UTL % at the time of applying. December 2008, $1k CLI to $5300 total (my highest limit by $4k) automatically, soft pull via the online luv button. UTL on the card was ~2%.  I had just put a $1k purchase on it and paid it down, so that may have helped, other UTL was probably around 5%.
    • Do you use your CITI as one of your main cards? If no, which ones do you use? Yup, the rewards program is nifty (2% on gas, groceries and restaurants) and its my highest limit by far, so all my big purchases go through it to keep my UTL in check.
    • How would you rate their customer service on a scale from 1-10? 9.  I've dealt with them on the phone and via e-mail, they were great both times.

Thank you everyone!!!

Message 5 of 5
    Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.