Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To all you recent Discover lovers

tag
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

To all you recent Discover lovers

You have gotten a new Discover More card. But when does it appear on your credit reports?

Specific dates including when you applied for the card, received it, had your first statement cutoff and when the card first appeared at which credit bureau are much appreciated.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: To all you recent Discover lovers

bump

Message 2 of 8
score_building
Senior Contributor

n't Re: To all you recent Discover lovers

Not sure how many people track all the specific info you're seeking--I don't.

Applied, after several days got the card and it reported a few weeks later, that's all the detail I recall, lol

Perhaps someone who applied more recently /has a better memory will chime in.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: n't Re: To all you recent Discover lovers

@score_building wrote:

Not sure how many people track all the specific info you're seeking--I don't.

Applied, after several days got the card and it reported a few weeks later, that's all the detail I recall, lol

Perhaps someone who applied more recently /has a better memory will chime in.

Same here.

While I do not recall Discover is lightening fast, I do recall they were faster than most -- one or two weeks.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, I do not remember of all those information you are looking for.   Just be patient!  ... if you did apply.

Message 5 of 8
blacklotus
Regular Contributor

Smiley Very HappyHehe I know I said I wasn't going to do it but I now have a Discover More Cashback Bonus card in my wallet.

I apped by phone through a mail "preapproval" solicitation- my 3rd or 4th one from Discover.  Approved instantly over phone and got my card one week later in mail.  On the back of my card are the Diner's Club and Discover logos.  I didn't know this was a Diner's Club card- didn't think they were still around!

I now have a credit card from just about every issuer except Cap 1!!!

BTW:  I tried to "push-pull" this situation to my benefit by paying all my cards down to 0 balances and I now have a total utilization of 0 but a hell of alot of inquiries!!!Smiley Tongue

TU Fico 736 EQ Fico 730 (December 2012)
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@blacklotus wrote:

Smiley Very HappyHehe I know I said I wasn't going to do it but I now have a Discover More Cashback Bonus card in my wallet.

I apped by phone through a mail "preapproval" solicitation- my 3rd or 4th one from Discover.  Approved instantly over phone and got my card one week later in mail.  On the back of my card are the Diner's Club and Discover logos.  I didn't know this was a Diner's Club card- didn't think they were still around!

I now have a credit card from just about every issuer except Cap 1!!!

BTW:  I tried to "push-pull" this situation to my benefit by paying all my cards down to 0 balances and I now have a total utilization of 0 but a hell of alot of inquiries!!!Smiley Tongue

Congratulation!!

So then, it will complete your collections?   How many CCs will be?

Message 7 of 8
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

It looks like Discover is a bit busy these days. My first statement date was the 6th, and I received the statement notification email in the afternoon the day after.

DW's first statement date was the 17th, and she expected to receive her email yesterday afternoon, but hasn't yet. The statement isn't even available online.

Her account's statement date has been updated to the 17th of next month (ok, as Sep and Oct both has 30 days and the due date is fixed), but the activity hasn't been cleared yet.

Discover reports on the Friday after the statement date. As my 6th was on a Friday, the account was expected to report on the 13th. Commonly not known to be a lucky day. Smiley Wink

I was willing to let the time of reporting slide until Monday morning (due to the weekend) or even Tuesday morning (after the week's first business day).

But yesterday morning, Wednesday, no update yet on Experian, who generally updates within 24 hours. And nothing this morning.

As nice as the Discover customer service is, they seem somewhat disoriented when I ask them if my account has actually reported. Was supposed to last Friday, they say. Smiley Tongue

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.