cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To apply or not to apply. That is the question.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

To apply or not to apply. That is the question.

I've recently been rebuildong my credit and disputing quit a few things. Across the board I have 2-3 medical collections on each report, 2 negative student loans (collections - paid in full) on each bureau. And one USAA card $500 Limit 0 balance, closed in 2010. Scores range from 525-595. I have no payment history, no available credit and 0% utilization. The major issue though I DID have upwards of 95 inquires before cleaning my credit. I have 2 inquires on TU and 1 on equifax and experian. I feel I have a decent shot at an approval but I'm too scared to try and get denied. Any ideas of which cards I may have a shot at? I'd rather go with an unsecured but will go the secured route if I have too. Thank in advance.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

Re: To apply or not to apply. That is the question.

@Anonymous wrote:
I've recently been rebuildong my credit and disputing quit a few things. Across the board I have 2-3 medical collections on each report, 2 negative student loans (collections - paid in full) on each bureau. And one USAA card $500 Limit 0 balance, closed in 2010. Scores range from 525-595. I have no payment history, no available credit and 0% utilization. The major issue though I DID have upwards of 95 inquires before cleaning my credit. I have 2 inquires on TU and 1 on equifax and experian. I feel I have a decent shot at an approval but I'm too scared to try and get denied. Any ideas of which cards I may have a shot at? I'd rather go with an unsecured but will go the secured route if I have too. Thank in advance.

not.  pfd your med collections if they are yours.  I dont see how non-reporting inqs are relevant, fico has no memory.  if your scores are not fico 8 get them from credit check total and post them.  I don't see you as having a decent shot at a decent card.  a low sl / high apr card is near worthless imo, get your negs and scores in line before you waste your time.  check cap1 pre-qual pages, if you dont see it there it prob does not exist. if you dont have a car loan or lease in place get a shared loan to boost your scores.  clean up your profile before you app, that is my advice in a nutshell.  good luck

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.