Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To close or not to close? BankofAmericard Cash Rewards

tag
tempusfugit123
Frequent Contributor

Re: To close or not to close? BankofAmericard Cash Rewards

Just called in and closed the account. They were persistent in telling me to simply reapply. I will be app'ing for a card with USAA and AMEX pretty soon so no loss for me. Thanks everyone for the advice.

Message 11 of 16
tempusfugit123
Frequent Contributor

Guess what you guys....After calling back in to talk to someone about my experience (I was just really ticked off) I found out that they could have waived my fee indefinetly and lowered my interest rate..... I don't know how to feel right now....

Message 12 of 16
ddemari
Super Contributor

I saw your post to late but a simple email to the executive office would most definitely remove the annual fee. A cli too after all that time.
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

DId you ask about waiving the annual fee and having the interest rate lowered with the representative you talked to when you canceled the card?

Message 14 of 16
tempusfugit123
Frequent Contributor

I spoke to several reps prior to closing my account and emailed, sent secured messages etc. After closing my account I wanted to speak to someone again because of the frustratiin. Because the Retention department was closed she sent me to another department. They said they would have been more than happy to remove the annual fee and lower the interest rate BUT because I closed the account they could not reopen it and I would have to reapply.

Message 15 of 16
sponge_gto
New Contributor

I would suggest that you ignore all the hypothetical promises they made you. They could've promised you the moon and it wouldn't mean a thing if the promise started off with a "would have been happy to"!

Amex: EDP, Platinum, SPG, Delta Gold; Chase: United no-AF, CSR, FU, IHG, Freedom; US Bank: Club Carlson Premier, Fidelity; Barclay: Rewards, SM; Discover: IT; Cap. One: Quicksilver; BoA: BBR; Consumers CU: Cash Rebates Siggy
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.