Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To close or not to close applied bank

tag
swins24
New Contributor

To close or not to close applied bank

i have had my applied bank secured card for 6 months this month and was the first card of my rebuilding process in october i got a public savings secured card and just a few days ago i was aproved for a unsecured orchard card 320 cl and a unsecured creditonebank cl 250 my applied bank cl is 425 and my public savings cl is 300 my question is applied bank dont report to eq and has a high af public savings dont have a af when should i close the applied bank card or should i keep it atleast a year its the oldest credit card i have i was thinking of puting the 425 deposit i will get back and send it to my public savings card since they have no anual fee any advice out ther my fico score when i got applied bank was tu 453 eq 459 now tu 534 credit union pull yesterday  eq 529 myfico score alert a few days ago but charge cards were close to max now there at a balance of $3 on both. my credit was bad due to bankruptcy i have 3 collections unsatisfied oldest three years old all under 100 and some lates and a firstpremier co for $386 what should i do the first premier is still hurting debt to cl %
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
swins24
New Contributor

Re: To close or not to close applied bank

any advice anyone

Message 2 of 3
DI
Super Contributor

Re: To close or not to close applied bank

@swins24 wrote:
i have had my applied bank secured card for 6 months this month and was the first card of my rebuilding process in october i got a public savings secured card and just a few days ago i was aproved for a unsecured orchard card 320 cl and a unsecured creditonebank cl 250 my applied bank cl is 425 and my public savings cl is 300 my question is applied bank dont report to eq and has a high af public savings dont have a af when should i close the applied bank card or should i keep it atleast a year its the oldest credit card i have i was thinking of puting the 425 deposit i will get back and send it to my public savings card since they have no anual fee any advice out ther my fico score when i got applied bank was tu 453 eq 459 now tu 534 credit union pull yesterday  eq 529 myfico score alert a few days ago but charge cards were close to max now there at a balance of $3 on both. my credit was bad due to bankruptcy i have 3 collections unsatisfied oldest three years old all under 100 and some lates and a firstpremier co for $386 what should i do the first premier is still hurting debt to cl %

Keep all your cards for now open and let them mature more.  Your FICO scores cannot afford to lose any positive tradelines any time soon.  

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.