cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To garden or not to garden that is the question! Need some advise.

tag
Frunkis

To garden or not to garden that is the question! Need some advise.

The next card I should get?

Been in the garden for about 6 months now, and while I am not getting the itch too badly, I do want to get something to offset the nastiness of my Crap1 card.

Currently I have the following:

Amex PRG

Bestbuy CC - $3600

Chase Freedom Visa - $2200

Crap1 MC - $750

Walmart - $500

My TU FICO is 694 according to Walmart....  Do I continue to garden, or bit the bullet  and pull the trigger on a new app?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
FrugalRican
Blogger

Re: To garden or not to garden that is the question! Need some advise.

Perhaps a Discover More.

They pulled Equifax for me though.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 2 of 5
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@Frunkis wrote:

The next card I should get?

Been in the garden for about 6 months now, and while I am not getting the itch too badly, I do want to get something to offset the nastiness of my Crap1 card.

Currently I have the following:

Amex PRG

Bestbuy CC - $3600

Chase Freedom Visa - $2200

Crap1 MC - $750

Walmart - $500

My TU FICO is 694 according to Walmart....  Do I continue to garden, or bit the bullet  and pull the trigger on a new app?

Have you thought about a Barclay's card? They have a nice reward MC, among others: http://www.aboutbarclaycardus.com/prodsresource_products.php

Otherwise, I'd go to a local CU and begin building a relationship with them. You don't need to change over all of your banking, unless you want to. You can just open a share acct (usually $5) and then app for a CC.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 3 of 5
boomhower
Valued Contributor

You've got Visa and Amex so Discover gets a vote if you feel you need something right now.  Otherwise, just get another prime Visa.  If you really want a MC Citi is a good bet but they are very INQ sensitive.

Message 4 of 5
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@FrugalRican wrote:

Perhaps a Discover More.

They pulled Equifax for me though.

+1

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.