cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To guys with lots of cards... How do you keep track??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: To guys with lots of cards... How do you keep track??

I'm trimming mine down to 6-8 at the most. Becoming a mininalist here. Just too much to keep track of. To each their own Smiley Happy 

Message 41 of 46
PointLager
Established Contributor

Over a dozen accounts but the issuers are concentrated

Mint to track activity. I also use less than four cards per month, actively.

The best advice I can give is to harmonize all your statement closing dates. This helps me PIF all but one before the statement generates.
Message 42 of 46
amakol
Regular Contributor

Agreed with PointLager.

I keep my statement due dates all about a week after the 1st (5th-10th). Then when a new month starts I know I have 2-3 days to get online and pay each account. It's become a routine and there's no chance that I completely let the date slip by like if it was in the middle of the month.

I also set up minimum payments as a backup and never use more than 3-4 cards regularly. More would be a headache.

EQ 740 FICO, 4 INQ | EX 736 FICO, 5 INQ | TU 745 FICO, 5 INQ | CL $175K | AAOA 4 Years
Message 43 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Make all the due dates the same day.  PIF most charges daily, or weekly. And only really carry a 20-30% balance on one no interest card.  I cannot stand mint bills.  Maybe I will try again but I always had a lot of issues getting everything added.  And I highly doubt they support commerce bank so then its a deal breaker lol.

Message 44 of 46
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

I have about 15-20 accounts with maybe 10 of them with any monthly activity.  On the 3rd of the month I pay all my CCs regardless of when the payment due date is.

I use the spreadsheet method for recording usernames / pw.  For the hi activity / hi viewing accounts i just let windows remember those

Never had a problem

Hope this helps

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 45 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

What about you gals with lots of cards? How do you all keep track?

Message 46 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.