Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To hold on to rebate or...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

To hold on to rebate or...

So I recently got the citi prestige and I have $424 rebate from 4th night but now I'm debating if I should hold onto it til next trip (god knows when) or just use it for something I want (non-necessity) 😐.. what would you do?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
nrm
Frequent Contributor

Re: To hold on to rebate or...

@Anonymous wrote:

So I recently got the citi prestige and I have $424 rebate from 4th night but now I'm debating if I should hold onto it til next trip (god knows when) or just use it for something I want (non-necessity) 😐.. what would you do?

I would hold on to it until I don't want to keep the card anymore, then use it on something I want before closing/converting the card.

Message 2 of 4
UncleB
Credit Mentor

I'm a bit on the paranoid side, and if I'm due something I prefer to have it safely in my greedy little hand.  Smiley Wink

If it were me, I would spend against the credit then 'pay myself' the amount into savings (or even an envelope - whatever works for you) since that much money won't be going to Citi that month.  Then you're sure to have the funds whenever you want them, for whatever you might want... even if it's for something the card can't be used for. 

This is really just your personal preference, though - there's actually no wrong answer.  Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess I'm getting the greedy feeling you're describing! I think I might just use it x_x esp with the rumored chase card going on and the 4th night rebate turning into avg price instead of actual I have no idea if I would keep the card (if I find a better one to replace it)! Thanks Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.