cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To keep or cancel Secured Card

Valued Contributor

Re: To keep or cancel Secured Card

Well you can always ask them to make it unsecured.  If normal customer service won't help you, which with Cap One is normal, then you could contact their Executive Office.  If you have already paid the annual fee this year then I would simply wait until the next annual fee to decide what to do.  You can also ask them to waive the AF for this year.  If normal customer service doesn't work on the first contact, then try them again a few times.  Getting it unsecured would be the best way to go, either now or later.  Having the account open will help in some ways; AAoA, util, and positive payment history.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 11 of 12
Frequent Contributor

Re: To keep or cancel Secured Card

Capital one doesn't insecure their card.
Message 12 of 12