Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,555
Registered: ‎10-15-2011

Re: To keep or cancel Secured Card

Well you can always ask them to make it unsecured.  If normal customer service won't help you, which with Cap One is normal, then you could contact their Executive Office.  If you have already paid the annual fee this year then I would simply wait until the next annual fee to decide what to do.  You can also ask them to waive the AF for this year.  If normal customer service doesn't work on the first contact, then try them again a few times.  Getting it unsecured would be the best way to go, either now or later.  Having the account open will help in some ways; AAoA, util, and positive payment history.

I swear I am going right to the Garden...... Hopefully to stay there longer than a month this time......
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 304
Registered: ‎05-08-2013

Re: To keep or cancel Secured Card

Capital one doesn't insecure their card.

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.