Regular Contributor
BP2003

Re: To keep or get rid of BOFA

moonman wrote:

Today I got a call from card services(FIA)trying to sell me some credit protection for my now closed account. When the crs finished talking and I said the account was closed, he quickly got off the phone and then I got an email survey requesting my experience with the card and customer service.I said the card was fine and customer service has been ok but when i wrote about their crappy credit policies I did not hold back.I am not a BOA basher but it seems relationships with the company starts out sweet but somewhere down the road they do things to make you close an account and I've read many many posters that have done it. just letting off a little steam..........:smileymad:

Sounds like you  handled everything very diplomatically!  Even thought it NEVER works, I think I would have gotten rude...

However, I don't think you should give up on BoA.  Have you tried applying for the BoA Amex Accel Rewards or the Merril Lynch Cash Back card?  BoA wouldn't budge on my $2500 CL, but they approved me for $5K on the BoA Amex and $10K on the Merril Lynch card...I try my best to do right by BoA.  I like all of my finances connected in one easy interface...and the interest rates are great on the two new cards.

***From ashy to classy***
Frequent Contributor
moonman

Re: To keep or get rid of BOFA

[ Edited ]

BP2003 wrote:

moonman wrote:

Today I got a call from card services(FIA)trying to sell me some credit protection for my now closed account. When the crs finished talking and I said the account was closed, he quickly got off the phone and then I got an email survey requesting my experience with the card and customer service.I said the card was fine and customer service has been ok but when I wrote about their crappy credit policies I did not hold back.I am not a BOA basher but it seems relationships with the company starts out sweet but somewhere down the road they do things to make you close an account and I've read many many posters that have done it. Just letting off a little steam..........:smileymad:

Sounds like you  handled everything very diplomatically!  Even thought it NEVER works, I think I would have gotten rude...

However, I don't think you should give up on BoA.  Have you tried applying for the BoA Amex Accel Rewards or the Merril Lynch Cash Back card?  BoA wouldn't budge on my $2500 CL, but they approved me for $5K on the BoA Amex and $10K on the Merril Lynch card...I try my best to do right by BoA.  I like all of my finances connected in one easy interface...and the interest rates are great on the two new cards.

Bank of america credit cards are great products in my opinion(online banking is too) but over time dealing with FIA services is just too much so I just took all of  my business elsewhere.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+