Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To maximize travel rewards...

tag
skigirl916
Established Contributor

To maximize travel rewards...

...with Barclaycard Arrival(+), should I wait until shortly before a trip to apply, get the card, use the card to pay for parts of the trip (hotel, for example), and then use the rewards earned from the bonus earned from the trip spend to offset/reward me for the trip I just took?

Is that how it's best done?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: To maximize travel rewards...

@skigirl916 wrote:

...with Barclaycard Arrival(+), should I wait until shortly before a trip to apply, get the card, use the card to pay for parts of the trip (hotel, for example), and then use the rewards earned from the bonus earned from the trip spend to offset/reward me for the trip I just took?

Is that how it's best done?

It depends how much you travel.  If it is infrequent, and you would otherwise have trouble reaching the min spend for the bonus and redeeming points for travel then yes, what you suggest makes a lot of sense.    If you are travelling a lot, then it doesn't really matter, as you have lots of opportunities to redeem

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.