Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To spree or not to spree...

tag
Exonumist
Established Contributor

To spree or not to spree...

Ok...

AAoA: About a year and ten months. Oldest account is over 2 years.

Inquiries: 2-3 on each All over a year except for one on experian from April

Utilization: Overall about 2%. 25% on one card and under 1% on another.

Limits from highest to lowest are 10k, 7.5k, 3.8k, 3k, 2k, .5k.

Income is about 40K

Scores are in signature.

I want a CSP (EX) , Merrill+ (Probably TU maybe EX), and Sallie Mae World Mastercard (TU).

What do you guys think?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: To spree or not to spree...

Merrill+ pulled EX for me last week and I'm in So Cal.   My file is much thicker than yours but you shouldn't have a problem with approvals .  

Message 2 of 11
Exonumist
Established Contributor

Yeah my aaoa is all that worries me. I feel pretty confident about approvals, but I wanted to get other opinions. The Cash+ sounds nice too, but I don't want to get too many new accounts. Also I think they are likely to pull EQ...

Message 3 of 11
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Exonumist wrote:

Ok...

AAoA: About a year and ten months. Oldest account is over 2 years.

Inquiries: 2-3 on each All over a year except for one on experian from April

Utilization: Overall about 2%. 25% on one card and under 1% on another.

Limits from highest to lowest are 10k, 7.5k, 3.8k, 3k, 2k, .5k.

Income is about 40K

Scores are in signature.

I want a CSP (EX) , Merrill+ (Probably TU maybe EX), and Sallie Mae World Mastercard (TU).

What do you guys think?

I have the exact same cards on my radar just in a different order...LOL.  For myself I have decided that I will never do a spree anymore..my test last year was quite a good lesson... high APR (Freedom) and low limit (Discover). So my apps will be spaced out with at least 6 months in between apps. But that is just me and I am in no rush.

Good luck and pls update how it goes Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 11
Exonumist
Established Contributor

Really the Sallie Mae is number one. Then CSP followed by the Merril+ last. I'm just thinking that the order I put them in would be best for the spree. I'd rather not spook Barclays in a few months when they see other new accounts. Once I have these three cards I'm good for a long time. I'd rather take the hit on aaoa now. That way in a couple years I'll have no inquireies when I'm ready for a house.

Message 5 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Exonumist wrote:

Really the Sallie Mae is number one. Then CSP followed by the Merril+ last. I'm just thinking that the order I put them in would be best for the spree. I'd rather not spook Barclays in a few months when they see other new accounts. Once I have these three cards I'm good for a long time. I'd rather take the hit on aaoa now. That way in a couple years I'll have no inquireies when I'm ready for a house.

The AAoA may come into play but I think there's a pretty decent chance of approval for all 3.  Good luck and keep us posted!

Message 6 of 11
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Exonumist wrote:

Re spooking Barclays.  Not quite sure how real/widespread that really is, but not sure the order matters.   If they really are hair-trigger, if you got them first and then opened two accounts, they would take AA.  But by the same token, if you app for them last, you would get denied for too many new accounts.

If you really want the Sallie Mae, go for it first is my advice.  

Message 7 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Exonumist wrote:

Re spooking Barclays.  Not quite sure how real/widespread that really is, but not sure the order matters.   If they really are hair-trigger, if you got them first and then opened two accounts, they would take AA.  But by the same token, if you app for them last, you would get denied for too many new accounts.

If you really want the Sallie Mae, go for it first is my advice.  

+1

Agree.

Message 8 of 11
Exonumist
Established Contributor

Ok sounds good. So you guys think Sallie Mae, CSP, then Merrill+ in that order? I'm just waiting for everything to report and then I'm going to do it. About five more days to wait. lol.

Message 9 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Exonumist wrote:

Ok sounds good. So you guys think Sallie Mae, CSP, then Merrill+ in that order? I'm just waiting for everything to report and then I'm going to do it. About five more days to wait. lol.

yes that order... GO!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.