Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To those thinking of applying for Amex Delta Gold

tag
HiLine
Blogger

To those thinking of applying for Amex Delta Gold

Do apply, but follow this link:

https://www262.        americanexpress.com/apisites/microsite-framedapp/apply/delta-gold-skymiles-credit-card/U7-1000-100?offerType=leadOffer&affilSiteId=Deltanotlgn&affilCtgyCd=COB&pmcVendorCode=U7&additionalOffer=false&firstName=John&lastName=Smith&membershipNumber=XXXXXXXX

Remove the space, and replace John, Smith, and XXXXXXXX with your first name, last name, and Delta Skymiles account number respectively. This link will take you to the best offer right now for 45,000 miles after $3k spending in the first 3 months, and $100 statement credit after a Delta purchase which you can bypass by booking then canceling a Delta flight.

That's it. Thanks for reading.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
mikka1
Frequent Contributor

Re: To those thinking of applying for Amex Delta Gold

Thanks for the link!

I'm being shown a little bit different offer (though still quite attractive): 25k miles immediately after the first purchase, then +20k miles if you spend $5000 in first six months.

$100 credit for Delta purchase.

I am starting to seriously think about this card instead of CSP... 

Does it give any real priviledges if flying Delta? (I will BTW have its flight to Europe in the end of January, so was just curious if this card would give me some extra benefit, except for priority boarding and 1st checked bag free (it's anyway free on transatlantic flights...))

In my wallet now: Amex PRG NPSL, Amex BCE $15k $17k (thanks to recent CLI), Chase Freedom 11k, CSP $6k, Chase United ME $5k, Citi Dividend $5.6k, Discover It $4.5k and a handful of other cards...
TU Dec 2013 - 752Sep 2013 - 764 - new all time maximum

Obsolete data aboveCurrent TU - probably around ~810, only using a few Chase & BofA cards now, not applying for much until we buy a house
Message 2 of 16
mikka1
Frequent Contributor

Forgot to ask the main thing - how legitimate this offer is? Has it popped up in someones Dela Skymiles account or is it sourced from flyertalk etc... ?

In my wallet now: Amex PRG NPSL, Amex BCE $15k $17k (thanks to recent CLI), Chase Freedom 11k, CSP $6k, Chase United ME $5k, Citi Dividend $5.6k, Discover It $4.5k and a handful of other cards...

Obsolete data aboveCurrent TU - probably around ~810, only using a few Chase & BofA cards now, not applying for much until we buy a house
Message 3 of 16
HiLine
Blogger

You're right ... I might've confused this offer with another one. Sorry.

Anyway, this card would give you a discount on in-flight purchases and extra miles for Delta purchases. Apart from these, I believe Amex Delta Gold doesn't offer anything beyond what a regular Amex does.

Message 4 of 16
HiLine
Blogger

@mikka1 wrote:

Forgot to ask the main thing - how legitimate this offer is? Has it popped up in someones Dela Skymiles account or is it sourced from flyertalk etc... ?

This offer is as legitimate as any other Amex Delta Gold offer. I haven't posted this link on any other forum. Feel free to do it if you feel the urge to, but if you do, please cite MyFICO forums as the source. Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 16
Open123
Super Contributor

Thanks!  Nice find!

Message 6 of 16
mikka1
Frequent Contributor

BTW, if for some reason you feel that $5000 in 6 months is a little bit too much for you, then you can change U7-1000-100 to U7-1000-103 in the link provided by HiLine and you'll get a less generous offer of 35k miles, but for only $750 spent + $100 statement credit for Delta purchase...

Message 7 of 16
HiLine
Blogger

@mikka1 wrote:

BTW, if for some reason you feel that $5000 in 6 months is a little bit too much for you, then you can change U7-1000-100 to U7-1000-103 in the link provided by HiLine and you'll get a less generous offer of 35k miles, but for only $750 spent + $100 statement credit for Delta purchase...

Right. I got a 45k miles for 3k spending offer a while back and thought this offer was the same and therefore the best at the moment. Cat Indifferent If you don't have a need for an extra 10k Skypesos, the 35k miles offer is a better deal. Robot Very Happy

The link for this is: 

https://www262.        americanexpress.com/apisites/microsite-framedapp/apply/delta-gold-skymiles-credit-card/U7-1000-103?offerType=leadOffer&affilSiteId=Deltanotlgn&affilCtgyCd=COB&pmcVendorCode=U7&additionalOffer=false&firstName=John&lastName=Smith&membershipNumber=XXXXXXXX

Message 8 of 16
HiLine
Blogger

@HiLine wrote:

Anyway, this card would give you a discount on in-flight purchases and extra miles for Delta purchases. Apart from these, I believe Amex Delta Gold doesn't offer anything beyond what a regular Amex does.

Actually I'm going to correct myself here. Apparently, as long as you get approved for the card before Jan 24 this year, next year you'll get a $99 companion ticket when you pay the annual fee. After that, the perk is gone. 

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/deltapoints/2012/11/13/99-delta-amex-gold-companion-certificate-perk-t...

Message 9 of 16
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

good thread
5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.