cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To those with both the Discover IT and Chase Freedom...

tag
gh17
Frequent Contributor

Re: To those with both the Discover IT and Chase Freedom...

It's not like the categories all overlap.

6 months restaurants > 3 months restaurants, for example.

BofA Cash Rewards 25,000 (2009) | Citi Double Cash 25,000 (2011) | Cap1 Quicksilver 10,000 (2013) | Discover It 31,000 (2014) | Chase Freedom 9000 (2014) | Barclaycard Rewards 25,000 (2014)

FICO: 840 Discover/Barclays/BofA TU, 869 Citi Equifax
Message 11 of 14
vygotsky
Contributor

Because they are both blue!Smiley Happy (Don't look at me like that)

FICO 733 (Discover)
Message 12 of 14
Carrie_in_Pa
Established Member

I applied for the Chase Freedom and was denied so then i applied for the Discover It and was approved. I later got a call from Chase saying that i wasn't actually denied, it was a security issue.

So now i have both! Otherwise i would have stopped at the Chase Freedom.

Starting Score: 382 - 418 (2005) -- Current Score: 628 (TU08) -- 661 (Beacon 5.0) -- Goal Score: 750+
Into the Garden 6-15-2014 -- Digging in the dirt until 6-2015
Message 13 of 14
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@SomeGuyNamedFred wrote:

Why?

Why not?  I've never had a Discover card.  I hit my internal limit with Chase and I had not with Discover.  There may some overlap in some quarters but they're not identical.  Look carefully at the two calendars.  I've used Discover at several stores this quarter that wouldn't get 5% with my Freedom since the Freedom only covers Lowe's while Discover's home improvement category is much broader.  Discover provides a TU FICO.  No FTF on the Discover it.

All that said, you need to decide based on your needs/wants/preferences/priorities/etc.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.