cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Today, I kicked First Premier to the curb!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Today, I kicked First Premier to the curb!

FP did serve their intended purpose, which was to help me reestablish credit. I'm not going to pay them $23 per month to maintain 2 small credit lines, especially with where I am now. That would just be nuts to continue! They are not my oldest cards, in fact, probably right in the middle of my credit history. I don't think this will harm my credit, but the CSR tried to convince me it would and offered me a $49 AF, per card, to which I said No Thanks! Was I right in doing this?

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Today, I kicked First Premier to the curb!

Was Harry right in killing Voldemort?

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bravo!
Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit One is next. Same deal.

Message 4 of 16
Ford725
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

FP did serve their intended purpose, which was to help me reestablish credit. I'm not going to pay them $23 per month to maintain 2 small credit lines, especially with where I am now. That would just be nuts to continue! They are not my oldest cards, in fact, probably right in the middle of my credit history. I don't think this will harm my credit, but the CSR tried to convince me it would and offered me a $49 AF, per card, to which I said No Thanks! Was I right in doing this?

With what you have in your siggy, are you kidding?!?!? RUN FOREST, RUN!!!! Smiley Very Happy

Current Scores: FICO08 670 EQ, FICO08 703 TU, FICO08 661 EX
Goal Score: 700's all 3 (07/2016)
Walmart $6k | Chevron $4k | Firestone $2.2k | Capital One Venture $5.4k | Quicksilver One MC $1.3k | Capital One Platinum MC $1k | Bloomingdales $12k | Amazon Prime $6k | Ebates Visa $12k | The Gap Visa $7k | Banana Republic Visa $7 | Brylane Home $2.6k | Express $2.5k | Overstock $1.85k | Macy's $11.3k | Stash Visa $12k | Lowe's $12k | Care Credit $5k | Macy's Amex $2.1k | Chase Amazon Visa $.5k | Cabela's Club Visa $2k
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats op, keep it up!
Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good for you!  Smiley Wink  I did the same just a while ago.   Everytime I got on the phone with those ppl, they would talk you into keeping the accts!  I finally just said NO. And no, I didn't keep them.  Cut them up in ety bity pieces!

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm keeping mine until a year. No way am i gonna pay that for a sub-prime card with a 300 CL. I will say this though, they did approve me and I have built credit with them reporting to all three CRAS every month. But to keep it past that is just plain insane. As soon as I've gardened long enough to get to that year, I'll diversify by going on a mini spree and closing this card!
Message 8 of 16
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

congrats I bet it is a good feeling

Message 9 of 16
joedtx
Valued Contributor

Well done, thats great. 

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.