Frequent Contributor

Today's approvals!

So, today was fun.
I went to Best Buy to buy a digital camera for myself from my mom for Christmas (it's easier if I buy my own gifts, I get the right ones!)
Well i have had my BBRZMC for like 6 months now, with a $600 CL, and no annual fee.
So on a whim I applied for the BB Store Card......APPROVED, with an $1,800 CL (on plan A, the lady on the phone even told me so!)
Then, I got in JCPenney's website, and asked for a CLI.  I had a $200 limit (opened 08/16/2010).  Approved instantly to $1,800!!!!!!
Yay today has been a great day!

-----------------------
My favorite card right now: Barclays Arrival Plus WEMC
Valued Contributor

Re: Today's approvals!

Congrats on the approvals

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Contributor

What were your stats.

Please don't tell me, FICO 800...I was really surprised.

2009 Credit Portfolio: First Premier 450, Orchard Bank 400

2012 Credit Portfolio: AMEX; Gold, Zync, & Clear 5k
Citi Platinum Select 2k, Home Depot Store (Citi) 4k, Discover More 10k, Barclays Apple 2k, Cap 1 (secured) 2.5k
Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

Fico's 690ish.

Income, $50k

11% Util (one $10k limit, a few $2K to $5k limits, and a few less than $1000 limits).

A 30/60 day late 2.5 years ago.  

2 inq's on EQ and TU.

LOTS of new accounts, about 12 this year.

-----------------------
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your approvals & CLI's too!  Doesn't it feel good when the creditors say "YES"!!?  :smileyvery-happy:

Starting Score: 02/2015 TU 709 - EQ 676 - EX 729
Current Score: 02/2015 TU 709 - EQ 676 - EX 729
Goal Score: 850

Bury me in the garden...last app 12.19.14

Established Contributor

[ Edited ]

Did you post this on [Edited] as well? I thought I saw the same post

I edited the url you posted because it violates the forum's Terms of Service which prohibit:

Spam, such as advertisements for other web sites and services 

-marinevietvet, myFICO moderator

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All human wisdom is summed up in two words - wait and hope.

-Alexander Dumas
Frequent Contributor

jthedges wrote:

Fico's 690ish.

Income, $50k

11% Util (one $10k limit, a few $2K to $5k limits, and a few less than $1000 limits).

2 inq's on EQ and TU.

How do you get away with only 2 Inquiries but 12 new accounts?  Congrats on your approvals!

3/2010 - EX 555 (FAKO) EQ 542 TU 548
GOAL: 680+
Goal exceeded! - EQ - 712 TU - 701
2/2015 - 750+ across the board!
Established Contributor

BrandonSS wrote:

jthedges wrote:

Fico's 690ish.

Income, $50k

2 inq's on EQ and TU.

How do you get away with only 2 Inquiries but 12 new accounts?  Congrats on your approvals!

#1 - The first rule of Fight Club is, you do not talk about Fight Club.

#2 - The second rule of Fight Club is, you DO NOT talk about Fight Club.

:smileywink:

New Contributor

Yes!! I want to know this too!! I wish my inquiries would disappear!

Starting Score: 591 June 2010
Current Score: 661
Goal Score: 620~beat it already

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

July 2010 Ex 691
Frequent Contributor

Well, for some reason, in Texas, EVERYONE LOVES EXPERIAN.  I got the new accounts.  Froze Experian, and applied away.  Anyone who wouldn't pull another bureau I said no thanks.  Almost everyone was willing.

Also, one of my new accounts was a mortgage, one was a new car, one was a refi of the new car.  2 from NFCU and 2 from RBFCU when I opened my checking account there.  So most of them were concentrated and I used them to replace my rebuilder cards.  I explained this to most underwriters in the application process, they all understood.  I have a way with words :smileywink:

:smileyhappy:

I wanted to evenly split them up.

-----------------------
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.