Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Today was Amex 61 CLI day + a Chase CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Today was Amex 61 CLI day + a Chase CLI

I have a BCE and its initial CL was 7.5k. I requested the full 3x at 22.5k and was countered at $19,200. I'll take it! Smiley Happy

I also used secure messaging for Chase to attempt a SP CLI as a few others have tried. I had 1k and I asked for 5k and they gave me a 1.3k (I laughed.....) and looked like they HP'd anyway (not sure 100% but the message said they did but the alert has not come through yet). I was annoyed so I figured if they really HP'd I might as well call to recon. I called the backdoor number and got a nice analyst. Talked through some stuff and she came back and approved me for the full 5k I initially requested. So I guess that forced me out of the garden but I guess it was worth it.... I could have argued the HP that I said I did not want, but since things went so well I guess it was worth it. Maybe Chase and I will get along better now with the higher CL.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Re: Today was Amex 61 CLI day + a Chase CLI

Awesome!

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 2 of 8
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

congrats, glad someone got Chase to budge on a cli recon.

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@migliogiorni wrote:

congrats, glad someone got Chase to budge on a cli recon.

Haha thanks! I told them the card was kind of useless where it was at especially with the 5x bonus categories this time around. Flights for two are not cheap nor are electronics at Best Buy and told them the CL wasn't exactly working for me. Even daily use as I was nearly maxing out the card monthly. Personally, I do not like to make multiple payments a month as it's really inconvienent so I would really just have to stop using the card halfway through the month. She understood my P.O.V. and put me on hold for a few minutes and came back approved. Definitely great CS when you have to call in.

Message 4 of 8
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! If anyone is interested, the "issue" that was holding the computer back was my student loans. But, of course, having it manually reviewed they were easily able to overlook that.

Message 6 of 8
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Wow, awesome increases. Congrats

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase did do a HP. It was on TU though - which I am okay with because my TU had no INQ's at all.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.