Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Today was the day, FR from AMEX.

tag
sjt
Senior Contributor

Re: Today was the day, FR from AMEX.

@Anonymous wrote:

What is MS exactly? Sorry I don't know abbreviations very well.

But they were worried I was using it as a cash advance. Which is not true at all. I was just doing what companies are supposed to do for book keeping purposes. 

Turns out they looked at my bank statement wrong. They only looked at the the average of my CHECKING account, not in addition to my SAVINGS. I talked to a supervisor about them cutting my limits and the second lady was a lot nicer than the first one. They saw the mistake and would give me a more appropriate limt. Well thanks AMEX. Thanks for putting a hard limit on my Green. I guess originally it was 3.6k of a hard limit, now they moved it to 8k. Okay great right! Turns out they didn't touch my Blue card!! Oh wait they did. My cash advance line is $200 instead of $100. It was 7k when my revolving limit was 18k.

I'm so done with AMEX. Now i'm trying to save my credit score the best I can. Citi was nice enough to give me a CLI no problem. definitely will be sticking with them.

Did the second rep give you the option to fully restore your credit line in exchange for full payment? Is there a connection between you and the business inwhich you made the $3K purchase? Do you have any idea why the first rep accused you of making a cash advance?

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 51 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sjt wrote:

Did you read past that post at all?  He/she had their limits slashed so they're not 'fine'

My bad. Sorry. I just reponded to the OP first post without reading the rest of the thread.

40 lashes with a wet noodle for you as punishment

Message 52 of 54
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@sjt wrote:

Did you read past that post at all?  He/she had their limits slashed so they're not 'fine'

My bad. Sorry. I just reponded to the OP first post without reading the rest of the thread.

Ill take it! LOL Smiley Happy

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 53 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sjt wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@sjt wrote:

Ill take it! LOL Smiley Happy

Hey, lasagna noodles can hurt :-)

Message 54 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.