Did you mean: 

Tons of Synchrony Cards

tag
score_building
Senior Contributor

Re: Tons of Synchrony Cards

@CreditUnionFan wrote:

@TRC_WA wrote:

Friends don't let friends app for toy limit store cards.

When Sync decides they like you, one starts getting $5k Private Label Credit Cards, or even $10k or $12k cards out of Sync. Even $5k is hardly a "toy"

No doubt, I think he refers to profiles (e.g. TU 630s, lotsa of INQ, etc) that are unlikely to yield nice CLs at app, not that Sync doesn't deliver to strong candidates.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 41 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Its a toy if you can't use it to buy goods and services in stores other than its own brand.
Message 42 of 53
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@CreditUnionFan wrote:

@TRC_WA wrote:

When Sync decides they like you, one starts getting $5k Private Label Credit Cards, or even $10k or $12k cards out of Sync. Even $5k is hardly a "toy"

www.creditcardcatalog.com/credit-cards-issued-by-ge-capital-retail-bank/

They are the retail store card kings.  99% of the cards on that list are worthless to me (Care Credit being the exception)... But hey... Enjoy that $5k Pep Boys card.  You can treat the entire family to some new whitewalls at Christmas.

FICO8 current as of : ----- EQ: --- TU: --- EX: ---
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 7 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $6500 Amex Delta Platinum $10,000 Care Credit $12,000
NFCU CashRewards $6000 Apple Card $2000 Best Buy $3500 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) $44k new - balance $31k/6.94%
Total CL: $45,000 --- Total CC UTI: --% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 11-30-23
Message 43 of 53
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Its a toy if you can't use it to buy goods and services in stores other than its own brand.

That too.

NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) $44k new - balance $31k/6.94%
Message 44 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

High five @ TRC.
Message 45 of 53
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
@High five @ TRC.

Smiley Very Happy

Message 46 of 53
score_building
Senior Contributor

Generally 'toy' has been used to refer to the CL, obviously cards have different values to different card holders and of course store cards have limited use, that's a given...nonetheless, don't really consider 35k Wally MC, Ebates Visa Sig, or even Amazon 'toy' cards just because someone else may have no use for them. In that case, perhaps they're toys to them, but not by the more widely accepted use of the term.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 47 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

@score_building wrote:

Generally 'toy' has been used to refer to the CL, obviously cards have different values to different card holders and of course store cards have limited use, that's a given, don't really consider 35k Wally MC, Ebates Visa Sig, or even Amazon toys just because someone else may have no use for them. In that case, perhaps they're toys to them, but not by the more widely accepted use of the term.

Actually, Thinking about it. A Wally store card with a good limit is no longer toy territory..

You can use it at..

Murphy USA Gas stations

Sam's Club Gas stations

Sam's Club

Wal-Mart

Wal-Mart Supercenter

Wal-Mart Neighborhood market

Samsclub.com

Walmart.com

Message 48 of 53
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@score_building wrote:

Generally 'toy' has been used to refer to the CL, obviously cards have different values to different card holders and of course store cards have limited use, that's a given, don't really consider 35k Wally MC, Ebates Visa Sig, or even Amazon toys just because someone else may have no use for them. In that case, perhaps they're toys to them, but not by the more widely accepted use of the term.

Actually, Thinking about it. A Wally store card with a good limit is no longer toy territory..

You can use it at..

Murphy USA Gas stations

Sam's Club Gas stations

Sam's Club

Wal-Mart

Wal-Mart Supercenter

Wal-Mart Neighborhood market

Samsclub.com

Walmart.com

LOL. You crack me up dude.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 49 of 53
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

@TRC_WA wrote:

@CreditUnionFan wrote:

@TRC_WA wrote:

www.creditcardcatalog.com/credit-cards-issued-by-ge-capital-retail-bank/

They are the retail store card kings.  99% of the cards on that list are worthless to me (Care Credit being the exception)... But hey... Enjoy that $5k Pep Boys card.  You can treat the entire family to some new whitewalls at Christmas.

I don't have the $5k Pep Boys card. But, if I did, I might consider it for a tire purchase, of course. Every few months I might buy something small to keep the card active, reporting paid as agreed, extending the AAoA over time while other mainstream MC or Visa cards come and go.

I did recently buy a set of Goodyears at Sams. But, Sams doesn't take Amex, and I don't recall where they stand on Visa. Between MC and Discover, the best I could do was 1%. So, The promotional financing offer had expired by the time the tires arrived, so I ended up using the Walmart MC.

My first Sync cards started low, $500 and $600 even as recently as two years ago, but Sync has ventured out into co-branded Visas and MCs, so those toy cards get you started. Keeping in mind the AAoA, if a card is fee-free, it often doesn't hurt to keep it just in case, for diversity.

My spouse enjoys the brakes I bought at Midas though. Smiley Happy   They weren't intended as a gift, but she needed them, and rather than buy more "stuff" (as Carlin would say), the brakes became the "gift". (as well as the time to go to the dealer, deal with the shop, wait for the car to be done, while my spouse was at home doing other things they enjoy) 

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 50 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.