cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too Early for a CLI?

Valued Member

Too Early for a CLI?

So let me ask, after not even a full 30 days with an account, should I ask C1 EO for a CLI? Lol I know it sounds crazy but check me out...
Its my first CC with a CL of only $300. Ive been going nuts having it basically replace my debit card and charging everything. Id come to about $30 left and PIF, then do it again. 5mins ago marked my 4th payment to Cap1 and Saturday will be my 5th. Im thinking that this kind of usage should atleast be worth a consideration even though the account is still wet behind the ears. What are my chances? 



Starting Score: 496
Current Score: TU: 739 | EQ: 724 | EX: 738
Goal Score: 780's Across the board


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES
Moderator Emerita

Re: Too Early for a CLI?

Slim and none- sorry. Are you in their credit steps program?
Message 2 of 8
Valued Member

Re: Too Early for a CLI?


09Lexie wrote:
Slim and none- sorry. Are you in their credit steps program?

Yea, but that wont kick in until my 6th statement. 



Starting Score: 496
Current Score: TU: 739 | EQ: 724 | EX: 738
Goal Score: 780's Across the board


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 8
Moderator Emerita

Re: Too Early for a CLI?

I think you answered your own question. Unfortunately, you have to look at it from the lenders point of view without and/or limited credit history they have given you an opportunity to obtain a CLI. Just be patient, your CLI will happen.
Message 4 of 8
Mega Contributor

Re: Too Early for a CLI?


calebwshn wrote:

So let me ask, after not even a full 30 days with an account, should I ask C1 EO for a CLI? Lol I know it sounds crazy but check me out...
Its my first CC with a CL of only $300. Ive been going nuts having it basically replace my debit card and charging everything. Id come to about $30 left and PIF, then do it again. 5mins ago marked my 4th payment to Cap1 and Saturday will be my 5th. Im thinking that this kind of usage should atleast be worth a consideration even though the account is still wet behind the ears. What are my chances? 


This is exactly what we preach to everyone NOT to do with Cap1 EO. Your best bet is to hol the car for at least a year and then go for it!




EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 8
Established Contributor

Re: Too Early for a CLI?


LS2982 wrote:

calebwshn wrote:

So let me ask, after not even a full 30 days with an account, should I ask C1 EO for a CLI? Lol I know it sounds crazy but check me out...
Its my first CC with a CL of only $300. Ive been going nuts having it basically replace my debit card and charging everything. Id come to about $30 left and PIF, then do it again. 5mins ago marked my 4th payment to Cap1 and Saturday will be my 5th. Im thinking that this kind of usage should atleast be worth a consideration even though the account is still wet behind the ears. What are my chances? 


This is exactly what we preach to everyone NOT to do with Cap1 EO. Your best bet is to hol the car for at least a year and then go for it!


+1

OP, do you know how busy the EO would be for all new customers request just like yours? Instead the CEO could be working with those who have established history.Just wait a year and prove yourself to them.


2010: 475 EQ 2011: 503 EQ 2012: 600 EQ2013:632 EQ
Starting Score: 634 EQ-3/13/13
Current Score: 706 EQ-8/29/13 703 EX-7/12/13 705 TU-8/9/13
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 8
Super Contributor

Re: Too Early for a CLI?

I'm on month 8 or so with my cap1 and I haven't contacted the EO for a CLI yet..I plan on doing it the day I get my 50% annual bonus, and have had my card for a year. I already got a $500 CLI at my 6th month. 

Message 7 of 8
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Too Early for a CLI?

OP, you gotta gradually work your way through before you get to the front of the line, and get to enjoy the rollercoasters.

 

*edit:

 

LS is right. You have to have an established file and/or major improvement between point A and B, before you'll be effective with the EO's. I think I read that someone tried them a little early, and got a $100 cli???

Message 8 of 8