Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too Soon for AMEX BCE?

tag
mmt
Established Member

Too Soon for AMEX BCE?

Hey Guys, 

I am looking to apply for a new credit card to use for gas and groceries. I would love to get the AMEX BCE but I am not sure what my chances are. I currently have the Citi Forward that I got back in March with a CL of $3000, but that is my only credit card. I have a few student loans and an auto loan, all in good standing with no baddies.

Credit Score: 733 last time it was pulled from Equifax

Oldest Account: 4 years 3 months (student loan)

AAOA: 2 years 7 months

Inquires: 5 on Equifax, 0 on Experian and  Transunion (2 of the inquires are auto loan related and 2 are rental related)

Utility: 12% at last statement cut

Income: 55K

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Let me know if I missed any information that can help predict my chances

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Re: Too Soon for AMEX BCE?

www.whogavemecredit.com
5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 2 of 27
Jake0215
Frequent Contributor

@mmt wrote:

Hey Guys, 

I am looking to apply for a new credit card to use for gas and groceries. I would love to get the AMEX BCE but I am not sure what my chances are. I currently have the Citi Forward that I got back in March with a CL of $3000, but that is my only credit card. I have a few student loans and an auto loan, all in good standing with no baddies.

Inquires: 5 on Equifax, 0 on Experian and  Transunion (2 of the inquires are auto loan related and 2 are rental related)

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Let me know if I missed any information that can help predict my chances

Thanks in advance!

Everything looks good except your lack of revolving experience, my hunch is yes for a charge no for a revolver.

Starting Score: 617 EQ 10-17-11
Current Score: EQ 767 TU 769 EX 749 (all FICO but who really knows?)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 27
mmt
Established Member

Ok, thanks for the reply. 

Would taking my utility down to 0% help at all? 

Any suggestion on charge card? I had been looking at the Zync until it went away. Would I be better off finding another card to get? 

I am wondering if it is worth the inquiry for the chance to get a backdate year of 2012. Since there is only a month and a half left in the year, my revolver won't age that much before 2012 is gone. 

Message 4 of 27
Jake0215
Frequent Contributor

@mmt wrote:

Ok, thanks for the reply. 

Would taking my utility down to 0% help at all? 

Any suggestion on charge card? I had been looking at the Zync until it went away. Would I be better off finding another card to get? 

I am wondering if it is worth the inquiry for the chance to get a backdate year of 2012. Since there is only a month and a half left in the year, my revolver won't age that much before 2012 is gone. 

Under 10% will be best, beyond that the results are negligible. That being said your current util prob won't prevent you from being approved... If you don't mind the inquiry go for it, I think the PRG has a promo for a waived annual fee for the first year.

Starting Score: 617 EQ 10-17-11
Current Score: EQ 767 TU 769 EX 749 (all FICO but who really knows?)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 27
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

I got the Amex green,BCP and Delta Gold Skymies all within 3 days of one another...bk reporting at 7.5 yrs old....give it a shot......if not approved  they will let you knowwhat you   need to better your reports in shape...

good luck

Message 6 of 27
ccnewcc
Established Contributor

@mmt wrote:

Hey Guys, 

Thanks in advance!

I don't have any Amex experince, but i would think you would get approved.  Maybe bring down your util to <9% would help.  But i still think you got a good shot.

Message 7 of 27
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

OP, your profile looks nearly IDENTICAL to mine.  I would love to hear back if you make the decision to apply and what your results are.  Good luck!

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 8 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would recommend going for it.

Message 9 of 27
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

+1

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.